Chapter Fourty-Eight

| Aelia's Pov |

My body's heaviness began to flow through my fingertips.
The satisfaction of pressing the right notes at the right time brought in a sense of ease I hadn't felt in a while.
My eyes weren't even on the sheets, I just let my fingers take the lead.

The melody was fresh, allowing bright colours to explode onto my blank canvas. The tunes I was coaxing as my fingers flew across the keys were sweet and delicate.

Slow yet mesmerising the piece continued as I moved an octave higher.

Further on, the scenery tying me to reality faded away as the required forte began to play, quickly shifting to pianissimo.

With both dynamic and rhythm in my control, the sound produced by the enormous shining white instrument sounded heavenly making my heart beat in anticipation and passion.

Letting out the frustration and stress built up over the days was blissful.

Connecting the notes, they came out smoothly sending me into a daze.

My consciousness was wrapped around the soft harmony draining all the negative energy in me and transforming it into a fantastic utopia.

My fingers slowed down, barely pressing the keys, treating them as gentle as a newborn as I reached the piece's coda.

The wind blew harshly through the window I barely managed to get my eyes off.

Reminders of him all over, his silky black hairs on the couch, our matching pyjamas hidden deep in my walk-in closet and even his favourite cuff links were under my pillow.

Erasing those tiny details was like pouring water into a strainer, useless and tiring.

They were everywhere which had me contemplating whether I depended on him too much.

It all felt dry and colourless in the silent bedroom. Only the chirping and tweeting of birds and the soft breeze kept my mind from wandering off.

My head turned from the window to the workload in front of me.

A sigh escaped my lips and I kept reading and trying to get it all behind me. At least it could distract me for a while.

Knock

My eyes turned to the door as the knocks intensified.

Dean entered with a stack of files in his hands.

Noticing there was no more space on the desk, he placed the remaining files on the floor before meeting my gaze.

"These are the new updates on the Morningstar guild."

"Anything new?"

"In fact, I noticed something rather bizarre."

Ever since hiring Dean and learning about his past and circumstances, I had urged him to keep tabs on his former employer.