Chapter Fourty-Four

Cassis's pov

Saying the past weeks have been heaven would have been an understatement.

I didn't think I would be that happy about my feelings being reciprocated.

Never would I have thought that it would take little effort to win my heart.

Yet here I am looking at her dazed as she swiftly moves the fountain pen on the blank sheet of paper.
Even the littlest things send my heart aflutter.

The way she hides a grin when she finds the dumbest things funny too when she slightly pouts when concentrated. All her little reactions were entrancing.

She was entrancing inside and out.

Sitting at her bedside I had a perfect view of her sitting at her desk.

Her focused expression was endearing, as was the familiar pout that flashed vividly across her face.

I stood up and walked over to the mahogany desk. Aelia hadn't seen me approach that's how deep in thought she was.

Standing behind her I got a glimpse of her delicate figure.

Her legs were gracefully crossed beneath the wooden desk, and her black silk robe barely covered her cleavage.

I felt my jaw tense and my head fuzz after noticing where my mind drifted of to.

Placing both my palms on the tabletop I leaned toward her and placed my chin on her neck.

The scent of fresh roses and lavender flooded my senses and her golden locks were as soft as silk threads.

Aelia gazed at me with her eyes resembling the moon and I held her gaze.

"You're awake."

She stated.

I nodded, fiddling with the blond strands behind her back.

My eyes turned to the sheet of paper with her signature on it.

As I looked over her shoulder, I glimpsed a familiar name.

"Count Dupont?"

I asked, trying to piece out why Aelia would contact him.

"Isn't that Ivy's husband?"

"Yes, I heard he just arrived from Cairo.''

"What does it say?"

I would be lying if I said I was intrigued by the unexpected situation.

"What does the letter say?"

Aelia lifted the fountain pen from the piece of paper and handed the letter to me.

My body moved itself an I sat on the desk right in front of Aelia and between her legs before I began skimming through the letter.

'Dear Count Dupont'

The letter began.

You might not know me and its probably better that way however its best of me to inform you of the situation you are currently in.

It has come to my attention thta your wife Lady Ivy has been having an ongoing affair with Marquis Drystan.

Its only fair to tell you of their actions since youre the only one being left in the dark by their cruel games.

My intentions aren't out of malice and I also don't demand anything for this.

I only want to tell you the truth.