Chapter Two

"She's getting up, someone call the duchess!"

'Huh, who are you talking about? Which duchess?'

"My lady please lie down don't move."
said the woman who had on one of those maid costumes you would see in fantasy movies.

I just stared blankly at her, trying to analyse the situation I was in right now.
I clearly remember getting hit by a truck, I died of course.

So why am I in this posh-looking room, with all this luxurious furniture?

Suddenly the door burst open, and a stunning-looking lady who didn't look past someone in their 20s quickly strutted in my direction.

"Aelia my child how do you feel, are you hurt, tell me what you need immediately, I'll get it for you sweetheart"

"I-"

But before I could say anything the lady quickly yelled at one of the people in the room.

"You!!! Why are you still standing there go and get the physician quickly "

I looked at her with my widened eyes and quickly pushed the following words out of my throat.

"It's fine I just need some rest no need to worry"

The lady stared at me with a caring gaze and sighed after.

"You scared me Aelia, suddenly falling into a lake and almost drowning, we're lucky Clora was near you because who knows what would have happened if you weren't saved in time."

The lady said in a shaking tone.

I just stared at her and nodded after wondering where on earth I landed, It didn't seem like

I was still in my old country since these people dressed differently, either they were in cosplay or I got transmigrated to the past or something but that was unlikely possible.

Wait a minute...

She just called me Aelia right...

No way you've got to be kidding me.

I quickly gazed at the silver-haired grey-eyed woman who left my room.

After staring into mid-air for quite a while the realisation hit me harder than that truck did.

To be precise I got reincarnated as Aelia De Lian the sub-villainess of a romance/fantasy novel called "Preciously Yours"

I frowned at the thought and caressed my temple.

Out of all characters I just had to be the one with a death flag attached to their forehead.

I silently got up from the queen-sized bed I was previously laying down on and headed to the huge mirror beside the dresser.

I looked at the woman in the mirror who had long wavy light golden strands of blonde hair.

Her porcelain fair skin seemed unblemished and pure.

Grey silvery eyes like the lady who just left the room. Her eyebrows arched perfectly fitting her face. Rosy pouted lips that look extremely soft and tender.

In short, this woman Aelia was unbelievably beautiful. If I hadn't read the novel I would have mistaken her for a goddess. That's how strikingly attractive she was.

And now I've become that Aelia.
Just a few hours ago I was a normal British middle-class med student who just started her first semester.

Now I'm in a fantasy world as the first daughter of a well-known duchess and also the crown prince's fiancé.

What to do, I thought to myself.

For now, let's just go back to bed in hopes of waking up in my previous world.

I tossed and turned for a few minutes but sleep later on caught on to me and I slept as peacefully as ever forgetting all my worries and relaxing my body.

It's been a week since I suddenly woke up in Aelia's body and so far so good nothing out of the norm has happened.

My life hasn't been threatened, probably because the novel's plot hasn't started yet.

Life as Aelia was surprisingly peaceful, a doting mother and shy and cheerful little sister, even though everything seems perfect I still haven't adapted to this world.

I always seem to have lingering thoughts of my family and friends who I left behind, I wonder how they're and if they are coping okay. My sudden death must have been a shock to them. I hope they're doing fine.

Honestly, in the past week, I tried to come up with ideas on how to get back to my world but since it seems like my past body died and my soul was transported here, it seems like my chances of getting back are extremely low.

I quickly got rid of the negative thoughts and started to think of my future in this new life of mine.

Since going along with the original plot is a one-way ticket to my death I immediately scratched that idea out of my head.

I want to ask that shameless idiot for an annulment of our engagement but seeing as his personality in the novel is probably the same as right now, his pride would probably get hurt and he'll trap me in this political relationship.

The only reasonable idea is to go into hiding and wait for the heroine to capture his heart and naturally he'll try to annul our engagement.

Unlike the original Aelia, I'm going to gladly accept the annulment and live in a villa somewhere peaceful for the time being.

The plot of the novel will start in about a year so I have enough time for my plan to go through but first I need to-

As I was sipping my cherry-flavoured tea deep in thought on the balcony in my room.

The Butler came in, he bowed politely and greeted me formally.

"My lady, the Duchess would like to meet you in her office as soon as you have time"

He then bowed and headed out of my room.

I guess she finally has an answer for me, I grinned and continued sipping on my tea.

"Nora would you please prepare a few of mothers favourite snacks and sweets in a picnic basket"

I said to the maid behind me.

"Yess? Yess!! My lady"
She then blushed and hurried out of the room to fulfil my plead-like order.

I'm a step closer to my final destination, this should be interesting.

"Achuuu"

"I wonder who's talking about me."

I stood up and went to my room.

TO BE CONTINUED...