Chapter Nine

"I'll make sure to inform her."

I just nodded and went back to the paperwork.

"By the way, what do you need so many plants for? Don't noble ladies just get roses or some other boring flowers for their greenhouses?"

"It's a new business idea which you get the honour in helping with it."

Dean's expression darkened after hearing my words.
'Why does this mouth of mine always set me up for failure.'

He could already smell the workload he would have to deal with in the future.

"You, You should learn to keep that brazen mouth of yours shut, you can't just talk so casually with My lady."

Nora once again started scolding the newcomer who tends to speak casually.

"I'm sure she's fine with it, stop ruining the mood buzz kill."
  He said rolling his eyes.

With an almost visible vein on her forehead, Nora whispered something to him while pulling his ear.

"Shameless bastard, we should have left you for dead back then."

He glared at her.

"Nora that's enough."
I said before she let go of his left ear.

Dean smiled before sticking his tongue out.

"You can continue your lover's quarrel outside my study, I'm busy right now."

His smile instantly dropped and he looked at Nora with disgust.

Nora had the same expression, only worse.

"Mylady That's not-"

"Just go back to work, and only come find me when it's time for us to leave."

She sullenly left dragging Dean with her.

Right now Aelia is still the successor of the Lian Duchy since she has not yet married the Crown Prince, so that means she has successor lessons and also has to learn how to manage the Duchy from Tessia.

Right now I'm looking over the budget and how to sort it accordingly since it's part of the successor classes.

Although mathematics isn't my strongest suit.
The work here isn't that hard, even someone in year nine could pull this off.

I thought to myself, enjoying my peaceful alone time.

"Lia Lia look at what Tessia taught me!!"
Shouted Zadira who burst into my study with her brother and my sister.

'Well, my peaceful alone time didn't last long.'
I thought to myself as I sighed.

Esterlina brought in a flower pot and Zadira started pouring her mana into it.

After a few minutes, a star-shaped golden poinsettia started to grow.

Poinsettia flowers usually blossom in winter and right now it's mid-summer, so it's almost impossible to grow them but Zadira having a light attribute is an exception.

Light users are really rare amongst the human race, I don't know if that's also the same for dragons though.
In the Zeiran empire, there is only one light user alive which is Tessia, having the strongest attribute made it possible for her to manifest her ability into becoming the Head of the Magic Tower.

At least that's what everyone thought, later on in the story another light user will awaken.

Being the protagonist of course Chloette had to have some sort of overpowered ability otherwise this clichéd story wouldn't have been cliché.