Chapter 43: Relief

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean? Yoongi oppa wasn't at the sleepover either?"

"It's complicated, all right? Is there anything else you want to ask me? I've kinda got to-"

"What were you two doing? Why didn't you-"

"It doesn't matter. We were just hanging out, alright?"

Jisoo sighed, glancing at you again. You had no expression on your face, you were just mulling over the words that Jin had said.

"Okay oppa, I trust you. I'm just worried about you."

On the other end of the phone, Jin nodded, a small smile creasing his weary face, though none of you could see him.

Jisoo continued. "Where are you guys? I could come and pick you both up and we could go out for lunch, how about that? I haven't seen Yoongi oppa in a while either. It would be nice."

There was silence on the line for a moment, before you heard faint, broken whispering in the background. You couldn't quite make out what was being said.

"Do you.... to go?"

"But.... if... too risky..."

This chopped up dialogue continued for a little while, before Jin's voice came through the speaker, loud and clear.

"Sorry, pumpkin, Yoongi won't be able to make it. And I wouldn't want to leave him alone. You know how lonely the guy gets."

Jisoo glanced at you again, and mouthed, "Should I press?"

You shook your head. You'd gotten the information you had wanted to hear.

"It's alright, oppa. It was just an idea. And knowing how much you eat, I'd be broke afterwards."

Jin snorted. "I'm... pig, OINK, OINK."

You had to clamp your hand over your mouth to stop yourselves from laughing and blowing your cover.

However, the Kim siblings both broke into a small fit of giggles before the laughter slowly subsided.

"Oh I know," said Jisoo. "On another note, what time will you be home?"

"This afternoon, probably around 4 sometime. I'll be back before dinner though, for sure."

"Okay. I'm just glad you're safe. Well, bye then, love you."

"Bye bye, love you too."

And with that, Jisoo hung up the phone.

She looked at you, as you smiled in relief.

"I knew it!"

She frowned at you. "What do you mean?"

"I knew he was with Yoongi oppa. It was the only reason I suspected he'd miss school, because Yoongi wasn't there on Friday either."

"How does that have anything to do with it. Did oppa really miss school just cause he thought Yoongi would be lonely without him??"

You shook your head.

"No, not exactly. But neither of them had called or texted anyone of the boys, or me, Nayeon or Dahyun. There's another reason."

She raised her eyebrow at you, expecting you to continue.

"Sorry, I can't say why. I promised Yoongi oppa I wouldn't tell anyone. But Jin is the only other person that knows about this, and no doubt he would have been the first person Yoongi called."

She contemplated your words. After a moment, she started nodding. "Okay, so you belive oppa was really with Yoongi last night?"

You nodded. "100%. It makes total sense."

It did make sense, because if Yoongi wasn't at school, it was probably related to his family situation. And you knew that Yoongi would call Jin if he needed help. Jin was his only hyung, afterall, and he was Yoongi's biggest role model.

Additionally, he was the first person to know about Yoongi's struggles.

You were the second... but that was an accident.

And you didn't think he'd contact you, because that would risk accidentally giving himself away to Taehyung.

You were relieved the two were together, because it meant OSH hadn't gotten to them. It meant they were safe.

And if you couldn't have them with you, you at least wanted them with one another. Power comes in numbers.

Turning to Jisoo you stood up. "Well, this is us done, I think. When Jin gets home, let me know. You better go home so you're waiting for him, too."

She smiled and nodded at you.

Pulling her into your arms, you whispered softly in her ears. "Thanks so much, unnie. I really appreciate it."

"No worries. I'm also glad that I was able to locate my brother. You have no idea how much you scared me when you said he didn't show up to school yesterday."

Giving her a small squeeze, you broke out of the hug.

"Well, let's get out of here. There's still plenty of work to be done."