120 - Hold on, please.

Exams have started, and the three of us are alone in this house more and more - Jake can't even stay as much as he wants to only dropping by to help with food and then either going to his girlfriend or going to check in on Michelle.

I walk into the room for my daily after-school visit to see Illiya sitting next to her, "Hey," she smiles at me in a whisper, then lifts herself as she walks to greet me.

"You..."

She asks, "Didn't expect to see me?" she gives me a pained smile, "Well... I'd love it if my girlfriend actually told you that the two of us were dating."

I shake my head, "She doesn't tell people a lot of things."

She nods, "Even on her death bed," she then sighs, "Typical of me to fall for the girl with a broken heart."

"Are you okay?"

She nods, "I knew about it for a long time and I still fell for her, I have been... holding on for something better to happen but I am slowly starting to feel like we should just make it easier and let her die."

She scoffs, "I can't bring myself to do that either."

I then touch her shoulder, "She will survive."

She then flashes me a smile, it fails as she wraps her arms around my shoulders. I haven't hugged her for years now - but it feels like she needs it almost more than I do... but then again... all of us need a hug right about now.

"She is going to hate me, I have asked to stall her instance on giving up as long as they possibly can."

I nod, "She might hate you now, but at least she will be there to hate you if she survives."

With a chuckle, "At least we can think like each other," then pulling away, "Want to... get something to eat and come back when she wakes up again?"

I nod, "Sure."

"Thank you, I really appreciate the gesture even if you don't-"

I stop her, "I want to talk to you, maybe I just need more people to tell me that I am doing the right things... because I am lost right now. Angel was always there telling me that I couldn't do wrong but..."

"You feel like you gave up?"

"It hurts knowing that I didn't fight for Akali."

She nods, "She told me... can you tell me about Akali? I want to know a little bit about the girl that made you look like this. The last one..." she scoffs, "She really tore your heart out."

I chuckle, "This isn't the same, but thanks for the observation."

***   ***   ***

As the weeks go on, Michelle's condition is worse and worse. They had to put her on the machine despite her stating she never wanted to be on one - she is only doing it because of Illiya and that alone is buying her some time.

The two of them are angrily talking to each other as the three of us are hovering around near the door.

Ahri then sighs, "She really is making us keep her alive seems like such a bad thing."

Evelynn then answers, "She feels like she is trapped - that she is already dead because her heart has given up on her already... she still has all that energy to fight with someone despite that."

"She is something else."

The doctor in charge of Michelle then walks over with a large smile, "I have excellent news," she then guides us into the room to see Michelle look at her with a weak stare, "We found two suitable hearts at our sister hospital and they will be delivered within a few days."

Michelle then breathes out, "I don't have a few days in me anymore, doc."

Illiya grabs her hands, "Please hold on, you can make it..."

"I am suffering here," she shuts her eyes, then nods, "Fine..."

The doctor reassures her, "It can arrive today, tomorrow, in two days at the latest. It all depends on how busy they are but your survival rate has at the very least skyrocketed to a ninety per cent chance."

Evelynn then lowers her head with a sigh, "Thank god."

Despite everyone else's relief, Michelle is trying her best to look incredibly angry but just from observing everyone's reactions I could tell that she feels somewhat loved... relieved that we really care about her.

That she isn't going to just die.

That is all we can hope for.

There is no way... she can die... too many shit things have happened.

She can't just die.