115 - To dance

I have already started to roll up my sleeves and get rid of the blazer, I didn't expect it to get this hot but damn when it is summer it is scorching and the winters are just our new biggest ice ages - it is almost unbearable.

Kai'Sa then rests her hands on my shoulders breaking me out of my thoughts, "Want to go dance?"

"This feels like one of those obligatory stances where you will laugh at me and that you are monumentally better than anything I can do when it comes to dancing."

She pats my shoulders again, "I am doing it for fun, come on."

I lift myself out of the chair, "Well - lucky for you I actually know how to dance even if just a little bit."

She then shakes her head at me, "Well - unlucky for you I am just planning on stealing you for a bit so you are going to have to hold off on showing off those dancing skills. You looked so absent it made me feel like you aren't even here."

"I am here," I reassure her, "My head not so much," I admit with a chuckle.

"The problem is that you aren't enjoying yourself," she counters, "I guess maybe this isn't your scene - it sucks that the four people that love you have so many friends around them that they can't ever get to you."

I roll my eyes at her, "Ha ha."

She snorts, "We ending the night at your place?"

"That was the plan," I state, "I hope you girls didn't plan on too much - and also brought a change of clothes ready for school."

"We both made sure about that~" she sings, "And a few other things," she slings her arms over my shoulders, "Don't you think it is about time we enjoy our night and probably end up skipping school because some of us didn't sleep?"

I stop her, "Wouldn't it be way too suspicious that we in the friend group disappeared?"

"We aren't showing up for the after party either - we can easily say that we were sick.'

"Planned it out have you?"

She nods, "Just a teensy bit."

I shake my head, "We have a lot of champagne just for the occasion, your job is going to be making sure Akali doesn't get lost exploring the entire place. She is almost more in love with the place than any of us."

"She is a girl of her own kind," she admits.

"And very fit."

"Kinkou things," she giggles.

***   ***   ***

We are all sat down and the food is starting to be served a couple of hours into the event - I am mostly starving and just want to head straight home right now. I don't really know why or when this night ends but I can just tell we aren't the only ones going to end up skipping school.

Evelynn then groans, "The food isn't really something to be happy about."

Ahri then frowns at her, "Just act like you aren't spoiled? Actually, it isn't even spoiled - you just ruined your taste for food by mainly eating junk food that anything good is just not on par with your shitty tastes."

She nods, "You are right, would explain why I like you.'

Ahri then sits still glaring at her only for Evelynn slowly smile at her, suppressing her laughter with the back of her hand.

"Don't worry Ahri, I like you and the food."

"I really don't know how to feel about this right now," she sighs.

"Maybe just enjoy it?" Evelynn suggests.

"Wise-ass," Ahri shakes her head at her as she turns back to her food.

On one hand, Akali has pretty much instantly finished her food, almost like she was being starved for whatever reason.

"Was it that good?"

She nods, "It was very good, I am stuffed now so we can go home anytime now."

Kai'Sa then looks at the two of us, "I don't really know why you guys are so keen on going home."

Akali then states, "I want to get out of this dress already."

"I want to get you out of that dress too," Kai'Sa sighs, then shoots her a playful smirk.

"Beat me to it."

Akali nudges her elbow into my side, "You two need to calm down, that is not the reason why I want to get out of here either," she rolls her eyes before finally chuckling, "You two make it impossible to say anything."

Kai'Sa lifts her shoulders, "You don't know how much that dress suits you."

"I know - because I don't wear these silly things ever and you are going to catch me dead ever wearing another dress."

I then state, "So best we just swoon over you right now before we don't ever get a chance to do it again," she looks at me with an arched brow as I ask her, "Want to get a few dances in before someone else tries to steal you from me?"

"If I said no, would you be mad at me?"

"I'd forever blame you."

Kai'Sa then encourages her, "You should get up and go."

She sighs as she lifts herself, "I am going to break your toes," she then gets out of her shoes, "I hope one of us knows what we are doing otherwise this is a surefire way to make any area around us a hazard."

"Just let me guide you," I state, then walking her to the floor, "Not really a fan of dancing?"

"I guess I like it? I just don't want to do it and end up making you a victim of what can come from this," she chuckles her smile then fades slightly, "There is... can I tell you something?"

"That sounds bad."

She nods, "It is - I am not going back home to them tonight and after a long fight I warned them if they try to come to find me before I come home by myself I will have to take matters into my own hands. So when I get home tomorrow trust me that they are going to make my life hell."

"Do you-"

She shakes her head, "I can't. I just feel like I need to tell you that they have been doing their best to regulate my life."

"Do you need to run away?"

She shakes her head, "I'll be fine, you are here and that alone makes it worth it-"

I stop her, "If you are going to suffer through that just for me, I love you Akali but I don't want you to go through any of that over and over - if you need time to do what you need to do you can always take it."

She nods, "Only if you don't blame yourself."

"Why would I blame myself?"

"I am not suffering because you kept me here, okay?" she smiles up at me, "This is just something that can't be helped and is out of our control."