080 - Unexpected second chances

"Hey... mind talking for just a bit?" I see Angel peak her head around the corner, she looks relieved but not really happy about everything that had to happen.

I ask her, "What happened to Angel that would just tackle me to the floor because I didn't want to talk to her and tell me what she wanted to say anyway?" I lift myself from the floor and drop down at the edge of my bed.

"I didn't almost send you back with Illiya back then."

"I guess, but it worked out in the end didn't it?"

With a slight smile, "Yeah... Michelle really came through, I was a tad bit confused to see a celeb at my door and just telling me that she wants to know everything I went through with Illiya."

I then breathe out, "Michelle is... probably just like Illiya."

"Seriously!?" she chuckles, "Where do we find these people? Are you sure that you want to stay with her then?"

I nod, "Not like she is going to make it a living hell," I reassure her.

"And you don't hate me, right?"

I only chuckle, "A pretty silly question, Angel."

"I mean it doesn't take that much to be disappointed by someone and I knew I was probably setting you up for failure - I tried to keep a lot of things secret when I should have been a lot more clear about it."

I stop her, "Like letting me live on my own?" arching my brow at her with a smile.

"I mean I trust you not to be stupid."

"Thanks for the trust," I roll my eyes.

She throws her arms over my shoulders, "Sorry. It must have been awful going through all of that just for it to change up on you at the last second."

"I prefer that over never changing at all," I admit.

She lifts herself, "It worked out, it always does. Maybe not like we wanted to but the method doesn't matter as much as the end result," then lowers herself in front of me, "Stay safe, use protection, and have fun."

I roll my eyes, "Yes, ma'am."

"But seriously, I am sorry. See you the next time I am running away from something, okay?"

"I'll always be where home is."

"Hard to find a single person like that," she chuckles, "Goodbye," she lifts herself to give me another hug.

It is warm and feels like it never lasted long enough.

***   ***   ***

We walk into an expense-looking house, this almost looks three times the size of Ahri's house, "You live here?"

"Nope," Michelle scoffs, "This is just a little investment I bought when real estate wasn't so fucking expensive - I always thought I'd have a bunch of people I love live with me in here so I just kept this place hidden while I live in my shitty apartment."

I nod, I grab my bags as she leads me upstairs, "All the bedrooms are on the second floor - there are a shit ton of empty rooms. The pool probably looks like shit and I will have a hot pool boy come clean it somewhere when it stops being cold."

"Alright."

"Don't expect anything to look at least a bit presentable," she adds, "The garden has probably been overgrown so I will sort that out as well."

"Going to fix everything up only now?"

She turns in place, "Well... I am moving in tonight and I hate it when everything looks like shit - I won't be alone in this house so I won't end up feeling like Ahri."

I furrow my brow, "What do you mean, feel like Ahri?"

"Dunno, depressed?" she opens the door to one of the bedrooms, "Look at Evelynn, she looks like she is on the verge of breaking down into tears, who do you think is causing her to want to give up?"

"Do you know about Ahri's situation?"

"I have a brain and know what it looks like when people aren't happy. You see it in their smile, you hear it in their words," then gesturing to the room, "Welcome to your room, the TV doesn't have cable either so don't try watching anything on it."

This feels so massive, the TV alone feels like it was worth more than the Apartment Angel moved into - the room is decorated but not by much. There is a long built-in closet tucked away and I know that is a walk-in closet.

"Don't you rather want this room?" I ask her.

She snorts, "Almost all the rooms look like this."

"Why?" I look at her, "You are barely twenty five where did you even get all of this money?"

"I wasn't the only one that put a lot of money in this place," she says, "This is also one of the smaller rooms apart from the ones that are and have been empty since we tried to move in the first time."

She twists her lips to the side, "Some things just never work out, you know?" she smiles at me as she heads out of the room, "Get comfortable, I will order dinner, and then you can turn in for the night."

I nod, "Thank you, Michelle."

Just like that she is gone. I can't help but wonder why she is going through all of this for one person - she helped me once with the Guitar issue and now... this? I can't help but wonder if she is actually being nice, or has an ulterior motive.

I open the closet only to sigh, the inside is massive and it looks like something I'd never be able to fill while staying here. I then unpack what little clothes I have, setting up all my other things. The room even has a personal bathroom.

When you are rich... 

*** Kai'Sa POV ***

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I reach over for my phone. Tapping the side with my nail wanting to ask him if we should really just run away... but that would be stupid and my dad would freak out if that happened.

I put the phone back as I slowly lay back down with my eyes locked on it. Everything goes on. I don't know when I fell asleep but I clearly remember how much my heart wanted to explode.

*** Akali POV ***

"You should go to bed," someone calls at me from below.

I ignore them like always, sitting on the high wall I glance out at the moonlit sky above. How is it fair that you end up disappearing after trying that hard to keep me here? I give a frustrated sigh as I shake my head with a smile.

I'll be where you can find me if you ever come to find us.

Man... I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

*** Ahri POV ***

We had to end up sharing a bed, not like any of us are able to afford an extra. I don't mind sharing either but times when I can't fall asleep... I don't want to bother her with my own issues.

I glance over with a slight smile, her back turned to me she is fast asleep. 

At least with you right here, it doesn't feel so lonely. But what will happen if he goes away? Why is everyone going away all of the sudden, it just makes me wonder who will disappear next.

I wish I fought harder, wish I could get her to stay for just one more night. So that I could have at least say goodbye...

*** Evelynn POV ***

She still hasn't gone to bed, I can't help but wonder what is going through her head... I want to ask but then again it is obvious. She is long gone and you will always end up thinking about her despite her walking out on you.

I don't know Ahri... what is there we can really do?