129 - Kai'Sa

My phone rings unexpectedly early, I pull it out answering instantly, "(Y/N), good morning."

"It is actually a good evening over here," she giggles, "Hey, sorry I didn't answer any of the texts."

"Hey, Kai," Akali then stops right in front of me with a wide smile, "Was starting to think you were getting too busy to talk to me," I chuckle with a joke.

"I try to make time," she states, "It is kinda strange, Ahri called me just a few minutes ago to talk about something and I kinda have this little feeling that you called me for the exact same reason."

"I mostly just wanted to hear your voice again," I admit.

With a giggle, "Still sounds the same?"

"Always," I then clear my throat, "Saying Ahri called you must mean she is on the same track as me - I haven't talked to her yet. Wanna tell me about it?"

She giggles, "Well... she says it involves getting together. That alone is enough reason for me to put everything down over here and fly over, the other thing is that I have heard Akali is back in town."

"She is," I lock eyes with Akali, "I am guessing you were sent the same video."

"Yep. She looks good, I was terrified that we wouldn't be able to meet her again - hell I was worrying even a little bit ago that I wouldn't ever be able to make contact with any of you."

"I wouldn't have anywhere else to go," I state, then looking at Akali as I gesture to the phone, she nods quickly siding next to me waiting for me to hand over the phone.

"So you say. Do you think Akali will be happy? You know-"

I chuckle, "Kai. I have been searching for her ever since I noticed she was in town."

She then asks carefully, she sounds distraught, "You are making it sound like it didn't go well... maybe that even that alone is hard."

"Want to ask her yourself?"

"No fucking way," she breathes out then bursts into laughter, "No, seriously? Is she with you right now?!"

"Right next to me, yeah."

Akali then chimes, "Hey, Kai'Sa."

It almost sounds like she is freaking out in her celebration, I couldn't help but just smile at her reaction, "Want to talk to her yourself?"

"Please!"

I hand over the phone to see Akali lower her gaze to the floor, answering the phone with a grin, "I am finally home, sucks that you are the only one not around. Yeah. I really really missed you. You got so famous, I am so proud of you. You know it isn't exactly easy to not notice how popular and famous all four of you became. I am proud of all of you."

I give her time with Kai'Sa as I gather all of her things and walk them down to my car. She is practically already settled in with the idea of moving in - then there comes another part of wondering if Ahri has the same idea as me.

Did she get it from herself? From Michelle? From Eve?

I don't know. I am more fixated on the fact of meeting those two in person after having spent such a long time away from each other - work on all our ends made it impossible to meet frequently and we decided it was time to just focus on work.

Us can come at a later time.

Hell. We are all still young.

I glance to my side to see two people approaching me, I know one of them, Juno. The guy that I knocked to his ass because he tried to stop me from getting to Akali - I don't suppose he is here to ask for forgiveness.

"Sup," he lifts his hand, "Sorry for tackling you like that last night - I got hit upside the head and lost half my brain but didn't know you were one of Kali's friends."

The guy next to him lifts his head, "Elmar. Is she moving out already? The place is a shithole."

"Yeah," I state.

Juno then says, "These two were dating back in the day after she had to run away from home."

Elmar then crosses his arms, "I know you, producer, right? Your face looked familiar last night but I couldn't really make anything of it."

Then Juno adds, "Which is why I wanted to keep the bastard away from Kali," he then chuckles, "Turns out they were best friends," then looking at me, "We cool."

I nod with a smile, "I didn't even hit you that hard, but we're cool."

"Cool."

Elmar then cracks a smile, "Take good care of 'er. That girl is tough and about time she got some time to relax."

I then ask, "Are you paying for her stay?"

He nods, "Don't feel like you need to pay for her," he states, "She is in your hands now, been a friend of 'ers for a while so you just keep on trucking and make sure she stays out of trouble."

Akali then finally comes down, "Thanks for letting me call them - Elman, Juno. It's like you two knew I was running away again."

She walks towards them and gives them both hugs, "You do you, girl. Promise that I don't see you out on the streets again, you hear?"

"I will be visiting, not running away," she smiles at Elmar.

Juno then tucks his hands in his pockets, "Just had to make sure you were fine. We are family after all."

I finish packing her things and those two left. Akali then hands me my phone, "So good to hear her voice again - Ahri and Eve are searching for me I think and then they were planning on surprising you."

I chuckle, "Really?'

She nods, "Kai'Sa is also flying over this weekend - she is already in on the deal of all of us working on something 'big'. I imagine it was what you were asking me about."

"I hope so, otherwise it will be awkward if those two are just planning a get-together."

I then gesture for her to get in the car, "Let's get you into your new home, I have to go to work afterwards. Want to stay and roam around the place or do you want to tag along with me?"

"Can I come with?"

I nod, "Sure."