060 - Maybe heights aren't my thing

Blowing into the air, my breath freezes instantaneously - it is even colder up here. Guess that makes sense but staring at the slope downward there is this tingling in the back of my head that kind of feels like regret.

"Preparing yourself," Akali asks, "How about a little competition?"

I look at her, she pulls down the masks and lifts the goggles to the top of her head, "Competition?"

With a swift nod, "The one that wins gets a favour from the other."

"Don't tempt me, I might actually give it my all."

"Kinda the point, don't you think? I have a feeling I might need that favour a little bit down the way and you can start thinking on yours," she flashes me this competitive smirk, "So? How about it?"

I chuckle, "Does sound like a good idea, doesn't it?" the slope isn't straight, there are a few large twists and turns but the worst part would be flying through the trees and cutting myself on the branches. There are smaller pathways in between but I doubt I can use them to win.

"That's kinda why I brought it up," I start to lean as I lower my goggles, "Hey-"

"See you at the bottom."

With that I lean completely forward, shooting a quick glance over my shoulder to see that she pretty much caught up in a matter of seconds - not much of a headstart I have to admit. Sitting more of my weight forward, I slide past a pair standing in the open. Reached speeds where I can only hear the wind whistling in my ears.

The first corner is massive and has plenty of room to slowly turn into it but it doesn't stop my heart bate from spiking - she cuts through from the outside and easily puts herself in front of me. Taking it safe is just going to cost me that little favour.

Then up to the next curve, I head straight for the corner, passing it I almost crash into her attempting the same thing, a pretty lucky near-miss - further ahead we start to get to the small hills in the snow for those who want to jump them. Though at this speed we would still catch air on the smallest ramps seeing as the incline is a bit larger.

Taking the first ramp, I lower myself to cushion the landing. My board swerves under me as I land but I manage to keep it straight - surprised that I am managing to keep up with her.

Someone then appears in my vision, I try to slow down but at that moment there was to much speed and I opted to swerve out of the way. I dodge them but I am on my way to go off of the course.

The sudden turn killed most of the speed and I managed to recover before I get myself burried in the snow or crashing into a tree.

I breathe out with a sigh, "Guess I lost that one," then penguin walking back to the course I slowly slide down till I meet up with Akali at the bottom of the course.

She pulls her mask off and lifts her goggles as she gives me a worried expression, "What happened? You just disappeared and I was certain you were behind me-"

I stop her with a chuckle, "I am fine, almost crashed into someone but I don't think they saw me coming down from behind that hill, they were kinda hidden so I only barely swerved out of the way."

"I'd still have said that it is my win but..."

I chuckle, "I lost, can't help the obstacles."

"Good cause I was going to feel horrible if I tried that hard to win only to get nothing," she giggles, "Come on, let's meet up with the others and see if we can get something warm to drink."

"Got an idea for what you are going to use it for?"

She tilts her head, "No clue. Might need it someday so I won't be using it soon," she winks at me.

"Going to leave me with the anticipation? Alright. I get it."

She then starts walking as she laughs, "Come on, I am freezing."

*** Kai'Sa POV ***

Hmmm, I wonder where Akali and (Y/N) went. I ended up going down the slope one time and then wanted to take them to go down it - I thought it would have been worse but it was pretty tame to say the least.

I'll just roam around the shops for a bit longer before giving him a call to see if we have any other plans-

"Excuse me but," I turn around to see someone I think I have met before but the name escapes me, "Kai'Sa, right?"

I nod with a smile, "And you are..." he nods slowly giving me time to think, "James?"

He corrects me with a chuckle, "Jamey. I am from the other class and also one of the guys that helped the dance group out with getting the equipment out of the storage lockers. If you can't remember."

I shake my head, "I do remember, what's up?"

"Saw you were hanging out on your lonesome and thought I might come and say hi."

"Hi."

"Hey," I tilt my head as he asks, "Want to come hang out with a group of friends? I am sure you will fit right in if unless you already have plans to meet up with a different one."

I nod, "I am kind of going to meet up with Ahri and Evelynn in a bit."

"You three can tag along-"

Stopping him, "I kinda can't. We are pretty sizeable already and I wouldn't want to crowd, maybe we can meet later?"

"Sure. Looking forward to it."

*** Ahri POV ***

Undressing the layers of suits, Evelynn is wearing a straight face in locker room. She looks kind of... spacy. I wonder what she is thinking about, the thing is she has been getting closer and closer with (Y/N).

Even sleeping next to him, I didn't think she would be interested in guys after the last breakup she had before Michelle. I then sneak over as I tuck my cold hands under her sweater as she shrieks instantly grabbing me by the wrists.

"What the fuck are you doing!?"

"You angry, wanted to cool you off," I giggle as I wriggle my fingers.

"Stop," she rolls her eyes at me, "If you start touching me like that again I am going to repay you with your own medicine."

I then side next to her, "Is that a threat~"

She gives me this unimpressed look, "Don't start with me, there is no need for the unnecesarry touching."

"Okay," I fake a pout but she ignores me just like that.

"How are you feeling?" she asks out of the blue, "You weren't fine two days ago, but you have gotten so good at hiding it I can't tell if you ever cheered up."

"You are here, so I am fine," I nod.

"The loneliness always gets you."

I sigh, "Always does," then tilting my head into a smile, "Which is why I am fine with you, you never make me feel lonely."

"Hmmm."

"What?" 

"Nothing. Let's call the rest and meet up."

I wish I could tell you a lot of things, Eve. I wish I could use your nickname again without it hurting you, I wish for a lot of things and sometimes I don't know if it would be the best for me or you. You are always there for me and I just wish I could have been there for you.

It is hard actually. Hard enough to make me feel frustrated.