031 - It goes on and on.

During recess, I am seated outside on one of the benches under the tree, "I would love to have some sun right now," I groan as I cross my arms on the table digging my face into my arms, blowing out warm air to warm my face.

"It is seriously getting too cold," I hear her shiver next to me.

I peek over my arm to see Ahri next to me, "Hey."

"A reason you are sitting you here all on your lonesome?"

"Akali is with her friends and Conner was giving me the nasty eye the entire day, Kai'Sa is hanging out with her dance friends for today and I am left freezing my ass off. I don't want to be inside but outside is so much colder."

She scoots a tad bit closer, "You had a scarf did you not?"

"Kai'Sa stole it," I complain to her, almost like she is going to have to remedy my situation.

"How terrible! Here I thought Kai'Sa was nice."

"She isn't," I then lift myself, "Tricked me into stealing it."

She then arches her eyebrow at me, "You are trying to get me to keep you warm aren't you?"

"Uhm-"

"With my tail, silly," she chuckles as she shakes her head at me, "I don't think me curling myself around you is going to look good for school PDA rules."

"I don't want to have that conversation either."

"It's more a disciplinary meeting where they scold you because trying to not freeze your tail off is clearly a sexual advancement," she then says, "So scooting in close like this is the best we can do."

"I mean you can do a little more."

"Nope. Told you. One time thing."

"Cruel."

"I know I am."

"Hm mhm," then asked her, "Weird seeing you and Evelynn not together. Where did she disappear to?"

She purses her lips, "Bathroom, and then she went off to talk to some girls about something, someone wanted to join the music thing so she went to talk to them about the rulings and such."

I chuckle, "I was the one kind of starting it up and now I am doing pretty much nothing."

"Evelynn likes being in charge and making sure things don't blow up in your face - it comes off as not trusting anyone else to do anything I can assure you it is exactly that and you shouldn't be surprised or take any offense."

"Pretty extreme don't you think?"

"She can be worse," she adds, as if it is something that is totally normal, "I am joking, she is pretty nice when she wants to be. If there is someone that would always take care of you and be there... you can always depend on her."

I then muttered, "Those kinds of people put themselves off to the side to be neglected while they want to carry the world for others."

She sighs saying in a whimper, "I didn't say she is perfect. But... it is hard talking about it because she doesn't even want to."

It usually... for me at least... took me burning myself to realize that doing that is a terrible idea. This has nothing to do with nice people finishing last but more because you end up setting yourself up for failure. You only care about what they want to hear and not what you need.

"I can try talking to her."

"Good luck," she smiles at me, "Oh, here. I forgot to slide my number over yesterday and I'll give Eve...velynn's with you."