084 - I've been around this track

*** Akali POV ***

I mean I expected it to happen eventually - it all was just waiting on him to stop feeling sorry for himself. Instead of per usual scaling the wall to get out of the temple grounds I leave through the doors for a change.

Just pretend for a moment that I don't prefer climbing over things.

Standing in the street with his hands in his pockets, "Sorry for calling you out all of the sudden," he twists his lips to the side, "Just... wanted to talk properly."

"Sure," I cross my arms over my chest

He then suggests, "Maybe go somewhere else? To hang out?"

I shake my head, "Conner..." 

"It has been a while since we actually hung out, you know? The two of us."

"We both know why," I breathe out.

"With the time that passed and we already did better to make up to the guy-"

"(Y/N)," I say his name.

"Yeah, (Y/N). It would hurt to let everything the two of us have been through to just be that... I don't want to tread carefully around you all the time because I don't even know what you are thinking about. Like you still blame me for everything."

"I don't blame you," I sigh, "Sorry... I could have been a little more friendly."

"I just don't want all of that to be nothing."

"But whose fault is it?" I ask him.

"It was my fault," surprised that he is actually admitting to it.

There is then a silence, I don't really have anything else other than wanting him to admit that he helped feed into it - that he was one of the reasons that lead to everything that happened, I won't blame him for me running away but I can blame him for everything else.

He then asks, "Are we good?"

I nod, "We are good."

He lowers his gaze, "Just so that I don't overstep any boundaries - you and (Y/N) are a thing right?"

"I like him," I keep it short and simple, he doesn't need to know anything.

He nods, "Yeah, figured that much. Thanks for the talk, see ya."

I then ask him as he turns to leave, "Don't want to hang out anymore?" it was incredibly spiteful, and pitty but it was pissing me off - like he wanted to see if he had a chance and was trying to get closer to see if he can get that chance again.

I shake my head, not even talking to him as I head back into the temple grounds.

*** Normal POV ***

There is a bunch of people walking up and down this place, it is already the third day but a lot of the rooms feel much more alive than before. Michelle went for a more future-modern feel for the rooms.

They are even constructing a patio and adding a better security system to the house and a lot more gates and fences. I didn't know how long it would have taken for them to get everything settled but they are working fast.

It had a gothic feel to it at first, I kinda saw the appeal but I like this just as much. The seven bedrooms are all furnished properly with cable installed - we have internet now so that is a plus. I am glad they did the interior first because the first couple of days were a pain just to do anything.

They do work fast when there is a lot of money on the line.

Michelle then walks into the kitchen, "The kiddies were searching for you, Ahri and Evelynn popped up near my old apartment."