PART 11 - Sandro's Good News to the Kakailians

When they arrived at Laoag International Airport, three cars are waiting for them for their transport to the venue of the event. Elle ride at the same car with Sandro while her dad, Atty. Liza and BBM is in the other car. The other one is a convoy.

While they are traveling, Elle really enjoyed the beautiful sceneries from side to side of the road.

"Wow! Ilocos really feels like home indeed."

"It is Elle. I grew up in this place, and even after my childhood here of which I spent a lot of time in London for my schooling, it is still Ilocos Norte that I missed from time to time."

"I'm sure you had an amazing childhood for growing up into a place like this. No doubt."

"You're right, for there is nothing feels like home."

"Nothing, really."

After several minutes, they have arrived to the venue of where Sandro will be announcing his candidacy. Matthew Manotoc, the Governor of Ilocos Norte who also happens to be the cousin of Sandro, welcomes their arrival.

Elle find her seat in front to take photos for a compilation since she's not yet told what exactly her role to Sandro's team. Sandro seated in front together with BBM and Gov. Matthew. Sandro delivered his speech for his big announcement to their kakailians.

"Naniniwala po ako na panahon na, upang ako naman and magbigay tulong sa ating mga kakailian upang maipagtuloy ko ang paglilingkod na naumpisahan ng aming pamilya. Kaya kung hindi pa po maliwanag, tatakbo po ako bilang diputado ng unang distrito ng Ilocos Norte." he quoted in front of many Ilocanos attending the event.

After his speech, BBM then stand up and hugged Sandro as a proud father. Atty. Liza on the other hand got teary-eyed seeing her son in front for it made her to be the proud parent also.

Elle got emotional too, witnessing this kind of event but she carefully take photos for a remembrance to one of the important event in Sandro's life.

"Nak, sino away sa'yo diyan?" Henrico asked, smiling at Elle but more like teasing her for tearing up.

"Daddy naman ehh" as she is wiping her tears.

"Hahahaha joke lang nak."

When the event has ended, there was a get together for lunch prepared by the officials of Ilocos Norte, headed by Gov. Matthew. Elle and her dad also went there to be acquainted by the kakailians especially the people whom she possibly to work with soon.

There in the venue, she met Kons Rbee Ablan, Kons Handy Lao, Atty. Lazo, the sister of Kons Ablan, Cass and many more. She is also starstruck seeing Senator Imee Marcos in flesh of which she just see on the national television before.

Sandro then introduced Elle and his team to the people around while celebrating the rest of the day. A lot of picture taking happens after.

Elle indeed have such a great day spent at Ilocos for her first time. And then they go to the hotel of where Sandro's team is staying over.

"Elle, thanks for today." Sandro said after accompanying Elle to her hotel room.

"Yeah, sure. Congratulations again Sir."

"Thank you again. So, see you tomorrow?"

"Ofcourse. See you sir Sandro."

The next day, Henrico, together with BBM and Atty. Liza left Ilocos and flew back to Manila.

Elle was left in Ilocos with Sandro and his team for his filing of candidacy in the local. Even though the schedule of filing for the local position is still a month to go, but Sandro is accompanying Gov. Matthew as an economic consultant for his governmental plans for Ilocos Norte.

On the other hand, Elle's mom, Cristina, get worried after knowing that she was in Ilocos, so she called her on the phone about the matter.

"Emmanuelle, bakit ka nandiyan sa Ilocos at wala sa Manila ha? Itong daddy mo, isa pa eto ehh, di man lang nagpaalam sa akin before na...." obviously sounds worried over the phone.

"Mmy, can you just please relax? I'm sure daddy doesn't give you the full details in telling you that I'm here."

"Bakit? Anong details ba ang di ko alam aber?"

"I was here for work mom. The son of Sir Bong is running for the Congress and Atty. Liza suggested that pwede ako sa team niya."

"Oh, talaga ba? Akala ko kasi gala lang pinunta mo diyan. Kasi noon pa alam na alam ko kung gaano ka ka atat magpunta ng Ilocos."

"Yeah, I know that you'll react over that reason but no, mmy. I'll be working here, gala na din at the same time hehehe."

"Okay, mas mabuti na yung malinaw sa akin. Ingat ka diyan ha? Ang layo mo na nak. Masaya ako that finally you'll get to enjoy your work. Miss na kita!"

"Ang OA ng mommy ko. Oo na po, i love you. Ingat din kayo diyan. See you on Christmas!" as she ended the call.

Right after the call conversation of Elle with her mom, Sandro called you and his team for a meeting.

***to be continue***