PART 76 - The Promise Ring to Infinity

It was afternoon when Belinda's wedding is done. The reception of the wedding follows at the grand Sitio Maupot Village, one of the famous wedding venues in the city.

BELINDA: Oh, bakit paiyak-iyak ka diyan? Parang ikaw naman yata ang ikinasal (giggles)

ELLE: Hindi, naiyak lang kasi ako dahil I'm so happy for you bes. Very much happy. Congratulations!

BELINDA: Aweee, thank you bes. Basta pagkalabas nitong baby namin, kukunin namin kayong godparents ha? Congressman Sandro, okay lang ba yun?

SANDRO: Yeah, ofcourse. I'll be so much willing naman. Congratulations Belle!

BELINDA: Thank you. Akalain mo, pa fans fans lang ako sa'yo noon, tapos ngayon friends na tayo.

SANDRO: I guess I'm the lucky one kasi you're my love's bestest friend. You don't have to worry about her now, I'll take care of Elle, and best wishes to your future family.

BELINDA: Aweeee. Alam mo, feeling ko tayo yung mag bestfriend. Hindi kasi nagbigay ng ganyang kahaba na message si Elle sa akin and...(look at you) Hoy, Emmanuelle bakit ka ba iyak ng iyak hahahaha kaloka ka (tears starts to fall already) naiiyak din tuloy ako sa'yo...

ELLE: Ikaw kasi eh, nag asawa lang parang namamaalam na.

BELINDA: HAHAHAHA! Gaga, i love you my bestieee. Hayaan mo, pag ikaw naman ang ikakasal ako naman ang iiyak ng todo, promise yan.

ELLE: HAHAHAHA sira! I love you bes.

Elle hug Belle so tight and had a group photo with Sandro and Rome (Belle's husband). There were people who recognizes Sandro, so they also requested for a photo with him. Then after, Elle and Sandro decided to stay longer because she will be going to tour him around the place.

SANDRO: Napakaganda din pala ng Mindanao, obviously sagana sa agricultural products and good for tourist attraction also.

ELLE: Hindi lang yan, there were a lot of cities and provinces here na mas may mga magaganda talagang tourist spots. Hayaan mo, when we get back here again soon, puntahan natin lahat.

Sandro held her hand and then they walk further to that favorite spot of hers in the place and seated on the bench under that huge tree.

ELLE: Love, did you know that the first Valentines na we broke up, dito ako umiyak ng todo?

SANDRO: (exhale a deep sigh) I'm sorry to hear that. Kung naiisip ko nga yung mga panahon na magkahiwalay tayo, I feel so much guilt kasi....uhmmm, yeah feeling ko kasalanan ko lahat or it's just the odds in between.

ELLE: Well, naiisip ko naman ng mga panahong yun is ikaw lang. I missed you everyday, like there's no day na hindi kita iniyakan but the good part is that I have my parents, sibs and as well as Belle who comforted me....That day, exactly in here, sitting on the bench when I saw your post. Kilala kita on your vulnerabilities ehh, so I was thinking that day kung may nagcocomfort din ba sa'yo, sino kaya kasama mo...pero I can't do anything kundi iniyakan ko nalang lahat....

Sandor hugs her from the side and kiss the top of her hair.

SANDRO: Hayy, very selfless you are indeed. But don't worry, kasi that time din, I was comforted by Matt. He is really the bestest friend slash Kuya cousin to me, he is there until I feel okay.

Elle's tears start to fall, out of joy.

SANDRO: (giggles) Ano ba naman yan, iyak ng iyak. Baka isipin ng iba diyan inaaway kita ehh (give her a hanky)

ELLE: (wiping her tears) I'm sorry love, I was just so happy....and teka lang, parang isang dosena na yung panyo mo sa akin ahhh...hahahaha

SANDRO: Iyakin ka kasi. And don't worry, maybe the one reason also why I became your boyfriend is tagapahid ng luha mo (giggles)

ELLE: Hindi, kasi noon everytime may napupuntahan akong bagong lugar, I bought some hankies talaga but simula noong kasama na kita, di ko na kailangan mag effort kasi ikaw na ang nagbibigay.

SANDRO: Well, you're welcome as always. Token of comfort yan.

ELLE: Alam mo ba when the first time I went to London, bumili din akong panyo and yung panyo na yun ang pinakaunang panyo na binili ko in dollars.

SANDRO: Really? Well, I guess you really treasure that.

ELLE: Yeah, but hindi ko nadala ng Pilipinas ehh.

SANDRO: Bakit naman? Naiwan ba?

ELLE: Hindi eh, but it is because of a guy I met in the plane. Nasugatan siya noon and then ayaw niya kasing ipasabi sa crew ng eroplano kaya ginawa ko, I used my hanky for his wound. But anyway, the good part is atleast I helped him. Kumusta na kaya siya no? Hahahaha. So random, but when I get back naman last last year, yung binigay ni Ae ang naging remembrance ko.

SANDRO: Sige lang, mas madami pa din naman akong panyo na naibigay (giggles)

ELLE: HAHAHA! Oo nga naman. Thank you ulit love (look at the setting sun) Hey, look at the beautiful horizon again.

SANDRO: Wow, no doubt that this place is magical.

ELLE: Bakit kaya kapag magkasama tayo lagi nalang may mga sunset memories na involve...I mean, most of the memorable days that we have always include a sunset story.

SANDRO: Well, maybe because we are bound to say goodbye again for the sad memories and start a new one.

ELLE: Aweee, a beautiful one?

SANDRO: Yeah, a beautiful one like you (giggles)

Sandro then stand up and cut a piece of thread from the weaved piece of cloth nearby.

ELLE: Ano yan love?

SANDRO: I got some string. I wanted to take this beautiful moment to give you a promise. Pagpasensyahan mo na, sounds baduy but in the right time papalitan ko na ng totoong singsing..

ELLE: Love (look at him straight in the eyes)

SANDRO: Lorin Emmanuelle Mendoza, my love, do you take this promise ring of string that symbolizes my love for you? Are you willing to be by my side no matter how chaotic my life at times? Because all I want from now on, as I say goodbye to the sad part, is to be with you....

ELLE: (crying) Love....uhmmm yeah, oo naman. I'll take that string kahit cheap man sa paningin ng iba, but the effort and love that I saw in your eyes, they're more than diamonds and gems love, so I'll take it...not because of something else but because I love you, just the way you are.

SANDRO: Aweee, I love you Elle (his eyes waters and stood up) so much...m

ELLE: I love you too, Sandro ko.

Sandro then tied the string in infinity to Elle's ring finger and hugged her so tight as he sealed a kiss on her forehead. The asymptote journey ends and started taking the road bound to infinity.

***to be continue***