PART 7 - First Yes

Elle feel embarassed again, so she keeps tapping her forehead behind the door.

"Ano ba naman yan Elle. Kung hindi ka napagkakamalan na kung sino sa bahay, nagmumukha ka namang clown!" she murmured.

She fixed her hair and composed herself before going out. When she go out again, she saw Sandro standing in the corner, waiting for her, smiling. Then he stop when he saw Elle coming.

"That looks better now." he complimented.

Elle just passed by at him as if she didn't see anyone and went straight to the kitchen.

"Oh, Sandro and Elle is here. Pwede na tayong kumain." BBM said, inviting everyone to come in the table.

"Good evening sir." Elle greeted him.

"Hey Pops! I miss you!" Sandro do the firstbump and hugged BBM.

"Aww, I missed you son." as he hug Sandro also.

Elle go to her dad's table together with the PSGs and staffs. She didn't expect this will be the simple dinner looks like, as what they called.

"Why are you all sitting there? Dito na tayo lahat sa long table. I have something good news to tell you guys and a simpleng pasasalamat na rin sa inyong lahat." BBM said.

"Well then, what is that good news Bong that you're bringing us today fresh from Cebu?" sagot naman ni Atty. Liza na kakaupo pa lang sa mesa.

"Well, this is a call for a celebration because it was confirmed by Mayor Sara Duterte of Davao City, that she will run for the Vice Presidency, and..."

"And?" it was Sandro talking now.

"She will be my running mate. A little game will show to the public I guess at first made by PRD then the original plan will follow after." BBM said smiling.

"Woahh, that's great news then Pops!" Vinny exclaimed excitedly.

"It is! That's why we'll be having this dinner with our staffs tonight before we all get busy for the election happenings in the following days."

"Well, I have a good news too." Sandro added as he is smiling towards his father.

"What is it son?" Atty. Liza.

"I also fixed my decision to run for the Congress in our hometown." he announced proudly.

Simon raises his glass of wine excitedly.

"Woahh, ho ho! It's a double celebration indeed! Cheers!"

Everyone celebrated for the good news. They all sat down in the long table, together with BBM's family, the PSGs, staffs and househelpers. This is really a call of celebration to everyone especially to the family Marcos.

"You should need to have your own team now Sandro." BBM started the conversation again.

"I'm working on it already Pops. I will be finalizing nalang my team member to help me with the campaign period soon."

"Oh yeah! What about Elle? She can be a good addition to be part of your team. What do you think Elle?" Atty. Liza gestured at Elle while everyone is staring at her waiting for her answer.

"Ma'am? Ako po? What is it all about? I'm not really into politics though." she was surprised.

Sandro interrupted.

"You can be my staff for communications, my assistant or..."

"No. Ayoko po!" Elle answered quickly, without letting Sandro finish.

Henrico look at Elle and whisper, but enough for the people around them to hear.

"It will be in Ilocos nak. Pangarap mo dibang makapunta doon?" Henrico asked.

"Aha! So, Elle's the one who's obsessed about windmills huh? It's an opportunity for you na dear." BBM said.

Elle was too stunned to speak because its seems like her blood just got extra alive after hearing the word Ilocos. So she look at Sandro again.

"What's with that look Elle? Can I take that as a yes?" Sandro giggled while looking at her.

Elle awkwardly smile.

"Hehe, yes sir. I can't say NO to Ilocos though. Kahit gawin niyo pa akong personal assistant or what, okay lang basta sa Ilocos po."

"Good!" Sandro approved.

Everyone laughs at Elle's super duper awkward face and enjoy the rest of the dinner to call for a celebration.

*** to be continue ***