PART 51 - Truth and a Lie

It is Elle's first time to hear such harsh words from people she doesn't even know personally. It feels like she was archered a thousand arrows in the chest just to explain how hurting the words are.

She feel so weak on her knees that she can no longer stand so she grab the chair near her while Denise is holding both of her hands.

"Ma'am? Okay lang po ba kayo? Ano po nararamdaman niyo?" May pag-aalalang tanong ni Denise.

"Denise...I uhmm, just....just please give me water...." She slowly replied.

A staff came running and bring the water and a towel to wipe the juice that was all around her shirt. After she drink the water, she took a deep breath, inhale and exhale to somehow make her feel better. But her tears keeps running down from her eyes.

"Ma'am ano po ba nangyari? Bakit po kayo tinapunan ng juice ng babaeng yun? Sino ba siya?" Denise asked further.

"She's just angry with me, Denise. Huwag nalang nating ipaalam sa iba." Her voice sounds weak as she look at the two other staffs. "Niko, Shane, please kung ano man yung nalaman at nakita niyo dito, sa atin-atin nalang."

They just nodded confusely but Denise continue talking.

"Ma'am, kailangan po malaman ng tita niyo ito..."

"No! No, no, no. Please. Don't let my tita know about this. Ayokong mag worry siya. Kilala niyo naman yun."

"Pero ma'am, di po dapat tinotolerate yung mga taong ganon." It's still Denise.

"Let us make this one pass please. Hindi talaga pwedeng malaman ng tita at tito ko yung nangyari. Kaya sa atin nalang. Okay?"

"Sigurado po kayo? Ahhh ehhh.... Okay ma'am kung iyan ang gusto niyo. Pero sigurado po ba kayong okay na kayo?" Tanong ulit ni Denise.

"I am and I will be fine. Thank you sa tulong ninyo."

"You're welcome po ma'am." The staffs answered in chorus.

After Elle calms down, she fixed her things and go to her locker to change clothes. She tries to look okay to others but the tears in her eyes betrayed her, as they keep falling.

Elle cried and cried but there's no one she could talk to. She turned off her phone because Sandro might call and she don't want to sound pathetic like a weeping child while talking to him.

She decided to go home late so that her tita won't notice her puffy eyes. She stayed at a cafe to buy some time. All she ever wanted now is to shout the pain out but she can't since there's so much crowd around.

It's already pass 8:00 pm, not her usual go-home hour, when she went home. It was Cheska who open the door for her.

"Langga, bakit ngayon ka lang? It's late na." Cheska asked as she open the door.

Elle kissed her cheeks. "Sorry po, I just met a friend."

"Friend? Pero bakit di kita matawagan?"

"Naka-off po kasi phone ko tita. Low batt."

"Ganon ba? Kanina pa kasi tawag ng tawag si Sandro..."

"Kapag tumawag po ulit tita pakisabi nalang po na low batt ako. I'm gonna sleep na po."

"O...okay...but dinner mo langga?"