PART 40 - Adjusting to its Finest

The Inauguration of the next Philippine President has to finally done at the National Museum. Sandro's whole family was there to attend such very important happenings in their lives.

Elle together with her tita Cheska and tito Arthur was just at home, watching on the television.

"Woaaah, look at Sandro. He is so cool and handsome in his suit, Honey." Arthur commented, watching the live stream on tv.

"Yeah! Medyo kinulang sa height pero nangingibabaw pa din ang kagwapuhan." Cheska added.

Elle was just so quiet the whole time watching the ceremony until it ended.

When it's done, she go back to her room and starts reviewing the papers that her tita handed her. Elle was in the middle of scanning the papers when a message popped up.

Text Message.

From Sandro Marcos:

Sandro Marcos: Hi love! Napanood mo ba ako?

Me: Yeah! I did. Gwapo mo daw, sabi ni tito.

Sandro Marcos: Naks! What are you doing ba?

Me: Reviewing papers that my tita handed me earlier.

Sandro Marcos: Ang hardworking naman! Can we go out tomorrow?

Me: Sands, alam mo naman.

Sandro Marcos: Oh sorry. Sige, pupuntahan nalang kita diyan sainyo. Okay lang?

Me: Okay lang. Please buy me Jollibee meals hehe. I'm stressed. Thank you love.

Sandro: Okay love. See you! 😘

(end quote, message app closed)

The next day, just like what Sandro promised, he visit Elle at her tita's condo. Both Cheska and Arthur was there too when he arrived.

"Langga, Sandro is here." It was Cheska knocking at her room's door.

"Wait lang po, nagbibihis lang." Elle said.

"Wag mo na masyado pagandahan diyan, ako lang to. Hahahahaha." Sandro giggled.

When she's done, Elle then go out from her room still combing her wet hair.

"Hi" she kissed his cheek. "Ang aga mo naman yata love?"

"Babalik na kasi akong Ilocos mamayang hapon." Sandro said.

"Agad-agad?" There's sadness in her voice.

"Oo, ehh kasi may aasikasuhin din ako the next day for my office sa Ilocos. I need to be there para sa mga kailangan din doon sa opisina." Sandro explained.

"Ahh, I see." Elle walk to the kitchen. "Gusto mo ng pasta? Magluluto ako."

"Yes please, love. Pero akala ko you want Jollibee meals? Magpapagrab nalang saba tayo."

"No love, it's okay. Ipagluluto nalang kita before you will head back to Ilocos." She smiled at him.

"Aweee, thank you. I love you." He smiled back.

While Sandro is in the living room, Elle cooked the pasta and make four servings. They have a conversation over their platter of pasta and when it's about lunch time, her tita and tito go out to buy food for lunch.

Elle and Sandro was left in the condo.

"How are you lately ba?" Sandro asked as he comb her hair with the tip of his fingers.

"Still adjusting. Nahihirapan akong mag isip minsan parang gusto ko nalang mag volunteer ulit." Elle said, hugging Sandro tight from her side.

"Oh, come on. Sama ka nalang ulit sa akin sa Ilocos?" He giggled.

"No. I need to push myself in this field. Kakayanin ko ito."

"That's my girl!"

He then hugged her back and massage her palms.

"Sands?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Kakayanin kaya natin 'to?"

"What do you mean?"

"This relationship, lately kasi I am having these negative thoughts around me..."

"Can you please stop that? I know and I understand that it's never easy pero we'll get there, okay?" He assured.

Elle quietly nods as he lean on Sandro's shoulder. He was comforting her when his phone rings. It's one of his staffs calling him to come back already.

"Love, I'm sorry but we'll be leaving na pala in two hours."

"This soon?" She's having a sad face.

"Oo ehh. Sama ka sa akin?"

"I can't be there love, I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Alam mo naman that I will start na on Monday. Ang dami ko pang gagawin. And...uhhmmmm yeah, ang dami ko pang gagawin dito."

"I see. Okay lang, I understand naman. But I'm really sorry. I have to go na love ha?" Sandro said apologetically.

"Sige lang. Ingat ka."

"Ofcourse. Love you love. I'll call you!"

Sandro then go out immediately, leaving Elle alone. It made her feel a lot of sad emotions but then breathing positive thoughts again. "It can be good, naiintindihan ko." She breathe deeply again.

***to be continue***