PART 50 - Not-So-Happy Monthsary

Time flies by so fast, and baby Arya is finally at home.

Since the day Cheska became a full-time mom, the restaurant are hiring more staffs and even an assistant manager. Luckily, they hired brilliant and good people fit for the job.

Elle is having partners at work now but sometimes, she still get busy. Sandro also gets busy with his job. Even of all circumstances, they somehow remain connected and strong.

"Hi love. Kumusta?" It was Sandro over the phone.

"Mabuti naman, ikaw ba?"

"Here, missing you always..." He giggled.

"Naks! Bolero pa din hanggang 8th months hahahaha."

"Hindi kaya yan bola. Happy Monthsary love. Sorry can't celebrate with you today ha? Bawi nalang ako pagbalik ko ng Manila."

"It's okay, just take care always diyan. Happy 8th love!"

"I love you my little bean."

"I love you too, my Congressman!"

As the call ended, Elle rushed for a meeting of suppliers then right after the meeting, she went straight to the restaurant.

A wide smile from one of the staffs is what greeted her as she get inside with a bouquet of sunflowers at her hand.

"Flowers delivery for you Ma'am Elle." It was one of the staff.

"Wow, thank you. Saan daw ito galing?"

"Hindi namin alam ma'am but base on the note, the flowers are from Alex with a heart." She giggled.

"Oh, I see. Thank you for receiving anyway."

"Welcome po ma'am. Yieee, may manliligaw na si ma'am."

She just smiled at the staff and proceed to the deck.

Everyone in the resto doesn't know that she is in a relationship with Sandro. Since it is very hard for them to go in public especially now that they are part of the first family. What they only knew was that Sandro's family is a friend of Cheska.

Holding the bouquet, she texted Sandro to thank him for the flowers and take a seat at her favorite spot at the deck to do work. It was so solemn there today since it's afternoon. And no one's having a reservation. She is sipping her tea when a staff came to her.

"Excuse po ma'am. May naghahanap po sa inyo sa baba. Kaibigan niyo daw po siya."

"Kaibigan? Ano daw pangalan?"

"Miss Caroline Arguilles daw po."

Her heart skips a bit upon hearing the name.

"Papupuntahin ko po ba dito ma'am?" The staff asked again.

"Huh? Uhhmm, well sige pwede naman. Paakyatin mo lang siya dito."

"Okay po ma'am."

"And please, magpahatid ka ng drinks after ha? Isunod mo na lang. Thanks Denise."

"Sige po ma'am."

Elle composed herself and think of a reason of what is she doing here. She try to look calm as she see her coming near.

"Hi Elle. It's nice to see you again!" Caroline greeted her.

"Hi Caroline. Have a seat please."

"Thank you." Caroline said as she look around. "So, dito ka nga nagtatrabaho after being a PA to Sandy?"

"Yeah. Anyway, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, that quick? Well, I just wanted to meet you ofcourse." Caroline's brows lifted. Elle just smile at her.

While Caroline was looking around, her eyes stopped at the bouquet of flowers at the chair next to her.

"Wow, ang ganda naman yata ng bulaklak..."

Elle smiled at her. "Hmmm. Thank you?"

"Kanino galing?"

"It's just someone who...."

"Kay Sandy ba?"

"Hmmm? How did you..."

"Well, I knew everything about you two since I came back. Remember when I approached you at the HQ? I already knew..." Caroline said with some annoying tone of her voice.

Elle closed her laptop and face her in a serious mood.

"How did you know again? Did Sandro tell you ba?" She sounds curious and worried now.

"No. But I have some eyes here around him and I happen to see you too in the picture..."

"Magkaibigan naman kayo diba? Just please, don't let others know nalang muna. Alam mo naman na..."

Caroline laughed sarcastically at the middle of what Elle has to say. "Ha! Bakit? Nahihiya ka bang malaman ng iba..." Caroline leaned closer and whisper to her. "...na ang girlfriend ng isang Sandro Marcos ay isang probinsyanang cheap girl na PA lang naman niya noon at nilandi..."

Elle moved away from her. "That's enough please! Sobra ka naman yata. I guess, you don't have the right to talk to me like that, kahit na kaibigan ka pa ni Sandro...."

"What? Kaibigan? Is that how he introduced me to you? FYI, I'm not just a mere friend of him, okay? Stupid!" Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Pwede ba, kung wala ka lang namang magandang sasabihin. Just please leave. Ayoko po ng gulo at nakakabastos ka na kasi."

Elle then stood up and point the exit door for her to leave.

"I won't go hangga't di ko pa nasasabi sa'yo ang gusto kong sabihin."

"I'm not interested, Miss Arguilles."

"But you must be interested, Miss Mendoza. I want you to wake up from your daydreams with Sandy. Hindi kayo bagay, alam mo ba yun? Hindi bagay kay Sandro ang isang cheap na kagaya mo and hindi kayo bagay dahil hindi ako papayag na mapunta lang siya sa'yo..."

Elle is about to rebutt when Denise comes in bringing the drinks that she have requested earlier. Elle stay calm and let her leave first but Caroline interrupted.

"Hey, give me one glass please!" Caroline commanded Denise.

Denise then come near to her and give her a glass of drink. But instead of drinking it, she throw it to Elle's face and chest. Elle was left too stunned to speak and look like a fool, shivering with that cold drink.

"Ayan! For you to wake up! And oh, I forgot. Today pala is your monthsary with him right? Happy Monthsary then."

"Bakit niyo po ginawa kay Ma'am Elle yun?" Natatarantang tanong ni Denise.

"Ma'am Elle?! Well, hindi lang yan ang aabutin niya if she won't stop." Caroline said before taking a gaze back on Elle. "Again, hindi kayo bagay! Isaksak mo yan sa utak mo. Cheap!!!" She then put back the empty glass and walk away.

Elle was left all shocked, numb and hurt. All she have felt is that something is racing in her chest. Denise who is still beside her, tries to absorb everything and tap her back. She starts calling for help from the others when she noticed that Elle is holding her chest, shaking, and is out of breath.

***to be continue***