PART 58 - From the Other Side of the Pond

Belinda scroll down Sandro's instagram post and show it to Elle.

@sandromarcos7 "A year ago today, I was the happiest infront of this majestic Paoay Church. Will always cherished you. Happy Heart's Day, bean!"

"Awee, I couldn't imagine that Sandro Marcos can be this soft pala." Belinda said.

She keeps talking until she noticed that Elle isn't responding. When she look at her, she is crying and wiping her tears.

"Hala bes, sorry." She then gently tap her back.

"Okay lang. Expected ko naman talaga na iiyak ako today ehh. That's why, I asked you to roam around kasi ayokong makita nila akong umiiyak na naman." Elle is still wiping her tears by her hand.

"Aweee, I love you Ellie boo. Don't worry I'll be praying for your heart, for your...."

"Hindi naman kasi yung sa part ko lang yung iniiyakan ko bes. Iniisip ko kasi kung kumusta siya. May nagcocomfort din ba sa kanya...."

"Hayyy, the softest person I know is you talaga. Napakaselfless pa. I'm sure, he will be fine naman. Tahan na ha, okay?" She then hugged her tight and tapped her back for a comfort.

From the other side, Sandro was spending his Valentines Day with the kakailians the whole day and passed by at the Paoay Church after. He stay for just a while there looking at the church, reminiscing the past.

The same boy from last year come near him and offered him flowers.

"Hi po Congressman Sandro. Bulaklak po? Para sa girlfriend mo."

Sandro smiled at the boy and tap his head.

"Hayy nako this kid. Sana nga boy nandito siya kasama ko. Pero wala na akong girlfriend na mabibigyan niyan ehh. Umuwi na sa kanila." He smiled at the boy.

"Ganon po ba? Pasensya na po. Sige po, alis na po ako."

"Teka lang." He get some money from his wallet. "Bibili akong isa, tapos ibigay mo sa nanay mo ha? Pakisabi Happy Valentines Day, galing sa akin."

"Naku Cong, matutuwa si mama nito. Salamat po. Happy Valentines Day po."

He just smiled at the boy as he was walking away from the bench where he was sitting. After few minutes, he then go to a place near Paoay Lake, his usual spot, to somehow spend the night over some cans of beer. He is in his deep thoughts that he didn't even noticed Matthew's arrival.

"Hey cous. I knew it that you will be here." Matthew said.

Sandro eagerly wipe his tears. "Oh, sorry. Nandiyan ka pala." He offered a fist bump. "Wala ka bang date today?"

"Well, Jamie and I just arrived from a dinner and she told me to check on you. No worries."

"Wow! That's so kind of you. Anyway, how did you find me?"

"I saw your post bro. And this is the first place you'll go to, everytime."

"It's just that, uhhhm.." He is wiping his tears again. "I'm sorry. Nakakahiya for you to see me like this, cous. Sobrang vulnerable."

"It's okay cous. I understand. You okay now?"

"Okay naman. It's just that I miss her. Di ko lang kasi mapigilan because every part of Ilocos, halos napuntahan namin and had some memories there..."

"And that spot..." Matthew pointed at the back porch of the Malacañang of the North, nearby. "...was the most special, right?"

Sandro shrugged his shoulders. "Well, wala eh. Ganon talaga. Memories everywhere....kahit gustuhin ko mang mag reach out but I have to do the things that I need to do right now."

Matthew taps his shoulder. "Cheer up bro! It will be fine. Everything will be fine. Focus nalang muna tayo sa kung ano yung dapat."

"Ofcourse bro. Pero sana sa panahon na pwede na, pwede pa...."

***to be continue***

Happy Mid-day of the Week guys!
Wavyuuu all.