PART 47 - Dead Air

Elle was too stunned to speak hearing of what the girl has to say. She doesn't know what she is going to respond or react, if she'll be nice or what, but for Sandro, she remain calm and faced Caroline.

"Oh, hi. You look familiar, parang nakita na kita dati." Elle is trying to make her voice's tone in calm.

"Magkakakilala kayo?" Sandro asked, looking alternately at Elle and Caroline.

"Ofcourse not. Namumukhaan ko lang siya but I don't know her....name." Elle's brow lifted.

"Well, it's Caroline." She offers a handshake which Elle refused. "Actually, you're right. We've met before sa BBM HQ in Mandaluyong." She is smiling at her, still holding Sandro's arms. "You're Elle, right?"

Elle smiled back at her and look at Sandro's arms. Sandro noticed that, so he slowly put down Caroline's hands.

"Aaaahh okay, I remember now. Well, I guess it's nice to meet you, again? Now I know bakit mo hinahanap si Sandro last time, magkakilala pala kayo." It was Elle again, trying to be nice.

"Yeah, we knew each other very well. Right, Sandy? But Elle, why are you calling him Sandro? Ang casual naman yata for a PA to call her boss by his first name...."

"Former PA, Miss Caroline! I no longer work for him anyway."

Sandro interrupted them, feeling the tense of the conversation. "Wait, we're actually...."

"We're actually friends now...yeah, friends. That's why I just call him by his name. Diba?" Elle interrupted as she look at Sandro.

"Oh, closure after work. That's good...." Before Caroline could continue talking, her phone rings. After talking to someone from the other line, she then ask her permission to leave. "I'm sorry guys but I have to go. I have a meeting to attend pa pala. Nice meeting you Elle and ofcourse, Sandy thank you for the breakfast. See you around?"

"Oh sure, yes Cars. No problem. Ingat ka." Sandro said.

Caroline then waved her hand and leave the couple behind. Elle just give her a smile while she is walking away from them. Sandro then look at Elle, and tries to calm the waters.

Elle whispers to herself, obviously irritated. "Thank you for the breakfast Sandy, see you around. Ang arte2x, matisod ka sana ng takong mo..." She glared at the hallway where Caroline is going.

"Ha? Are you saying anything love?" Sandro asked.

"Wala! Sabi ko bibili akong pagkain dahil gutom na ako. Ang iba kasi diyan, palibhasa nagbreakfast na. Errands pala ha!" She glared at him.

"Oh love, I'm sorry..."

Elle didn't let him finish talking and leave him behind. She buy her food and then come back to the ward, ignoring Sandro who is waiting for her. While on the hallway, he tries to talk to her.

"Love...." Sandro tries to speak at Elle again.

"Wag mo akong kausapin, gutom ako!"

"Bakit mo naman kasi sinabing we're friends, alam naman nating hindi."

"Why? Ano ba gusto mo na sabihin ko? Magpatutsada ako sa harapan niyang boyfriend kita? God, Sandro ayoko ng gulo!"

"Bakit naman gulo? I will introduce you to her naman properly.

"Sus, kunwari. Ang saya mo ngang kasama siya eh. Yes Cars. No problem. Ingat ka. Duuuuuuh!" She tried to speak like Caroline earlier while glaring at her amused boyfriend tailing her behind.

"Hey, you sounds jealous. Are you?" Sandro asked giggling.

Elle didn't answer him and walk fast. She isn't angry nor pissed of him but the truth is, she's hurt. She is hurting for what she have witnessed earlier that triggers her insecurities.

She knows that there's something between them, they're friends maybe, or what, but for now, Elle isn't ready to hear what it is. She walked fast when Sandro tries to talk to her again.

"Love, sorry na please. I can explain naman."

"Huwag mo nga akong kausapin..."

"Galit ka ba?"

"No!"

"Jealous?"

"Hell. No!"

"So, love mo pa din naman ako?"

Elle didn't replied and ignore Sandro.

"Woyy love, kausapin mo na ako."

"Kakain ako okay? Dahil gutom ako. Maghintay ka kung kailan kita gustong kausap. Manigas ka diyan!"

"Okay, love you Elle."

She just glared at him. When they arrived at the ward room, Sandro is so quiet behind her as they come in. Elle went straight to the table, without saying any word.

Cheska noticed the dead air between the two. And even if Elle can't hear them, she know that Sandro and Cheska are talking through hand signals. She just ignored them, especially Sandro and focused on her food.

"Langga, kain ka na diyan?" Cheska broke the silence.

"Opo." She said lazily.

Cheska looked at Sandro and tries to lower down her voice but Elle can still hear them.

"Ang tabang ng sagot, galit nga." Cheska whispered.

"I told you tita." Sandro whispered also.

Elle continue to ignore them. While she is eating, Sandro talk and play with Arya since she is awake now. He also wants to buy some time while waiting for Elle to talk to him again.

***to be continue***