PART 5 - Curious Cat, Sandro

Elle take a hault and face at the direction where the voice is coming from. She is holding one slice of an apple, that is already placed in her mouth and is about to chew.

A tall and skinny guy is what she see in front of her.

"Hey you! I'm talking to you" the guy said in a soft husky voice.

Elle is having a red cheek and too stunned to speak. She is still thinking of what to say to him.

The guy shrugged his shoulders. "What? Who are you? And why are you...."

He was interrupted as Manang Cecil arrived, bringing a basket of laundry.

"Hello po Sir Simon buti po at gising na kayo. Naluto ko na po yung request niyong nilagang baka..." she said smiling at the guy.

"Simon pala yung pangalan niya." (Elle's mind)

Manang then noticed that Simon is looking at Elle in distance while she is still holding the plate of sliced apples.

"Ay hala! Sorry po sir, nakalimutan ko na naman pong sabihin sa inyo. Si Miss Elle po yan, anak ni Sir Henrico" she said and then look at Elle. "Miss Elle, si Sir Simon po. Anak din ni Sir BBM at Ma'am Liza" pagpapakilala niya.

Elle felt so embarassed and just wished to be eaten instead by that plate she is holding. She doesn't know how to react so she just turn her head down and whisper to herself.

"Diyos ko naman po, ilang anak pa ba ni Sir BBM ang mapagkakamalan akong magnanakaw dito?"

Simon look at her carefully.

"You're saying anything?" he asked.

She turn her head up again and look at him.

"Ha? Wala po sir. I just felt sorry for invading your apples. Gusto niyo ibalik ko nalang? Isang piraso pa lang naman kinuha ko."

"Ohh, no no Elle. Just take it. I'll sliced another nalang. I'm sorry for being rude, I didn't know we have a visitor pala here sa bahay." Simon continues.

"Instant border lang po. I'll be staying here for a week lang naman. I'll leave when daddy and Sir Bong came back from Cebu" nahihiya niyang paliwanag.

Simon just nod.

"I see. I'm sorry again. Just feel at home anyway..." he said.

Elle also nod and smile at him. She then go back to the guest room and stay in the window terrace.

She decided to stay there the whole afternoon watching movie since it's still a little embarassing to show up her presence to the Marcos couples' sons. So, she stay there waiting for her class to start.

It was already six o'clock in the afternoon. Back in the living room, Sandro arrived together with Attorney Liza and Vinny. Manang Cecil then greeted them.

"Good evening po ma'am, Sir Vinny, and woaaah Sir Sandro nakauwi na din po kayo!" masayang tugon ni Manang Cecil nang makita si Sandro.

"Yes manang, I'm home. You really missed me huh?" nakangiting sagot ni Sandro.

"Namiss po talaga sir. Kasi wala nang makulit na nag uutos saakin magluto ng sinigang araw-araw" si Manang.

"You are really the sweetest manang" Sandro then hugged manang so tight "I have the best Ilocos empanada, pasalubong for you!" he continues.

"Naks! Salamat sir" wika ni Manang Cecil na patalon talon pa sa narinig niya kay Sandro.

Attorney Liza then interrupted their conversation.

"Anyway, Manang Cecil. Bong called that he will be home tonight. Napaaga ang kanilang balik. Hintayin natin sila so that we could eat dinner together"

"Okay po ma'am. Sige po" magalang na sagot ni Manang.

"Please call Elle also in the guest room. She will be happy to see her dad this soon." dagdag pa ni Atty. Liza.

Manang Cecil nods. "Sige po ma'am. Puntahan ko po."

The moment Sandro heard the conversation, he became so curious kung sino yung nasa guest room na tatawagin. Kaya sinundan niya si Manang para makiusisa.

"Wait, come again. Who's staying in the guest room, manang?" tanong niya kay Manang habang nakasunod siya dito papuntang guest room.

*** to be continue ***