PART 18 - Small World

Today is the filing of candidacy for BBM.

Atty. Liza, Sandro and Simon are with him to accompany and show their support. After the filing, they also attend a short presscon at the venue.

On the other side, Elle is busy helping and preparing for the opening of her Tita Cheska's restaurant. Finally, after several months, they were able to have it re-open.

Elle was tasked by her Tita Cheska to assists her during ribbon cutting and to usher the customers. While she is busy in the restaurant, the family Marcos also was done with the presscon.

"Ric, dinner tayo sa may BGC ngayon ha." BBM said to Henrico.

"Sige po sir Bong."

While they were talking, RJ came out from nowhere and join the conversation. RJ Nieto or also known as "Thinking Pinoy" is one of the famous streamer online, and somehow friends with the Marcoses.

"Ano po yun sir BBM? Dinner? Sama na din ako ha, I invite myself na. Bahala kayo diyan!" RJ said.

"Naku, basta pagkain talaga ang bilis ng pandinig mo RJ!" Sandro teased him.

"Halaaa! Hi Sandro, ang pinakatrending na politician hearthrob sa Pilipinas na dinaig pa artista sa kasikatan today. Paselfie naman ako diyan, for the fans!" as he took out his camera.

Sandro granted RJ's request. He also take selfies with BBM, Atty. Liza and Simon.

Back in the restaurant, the ribbon cutting ceremony just finished and the restaurant start accepting customers. There were some visitors of Cheska who attended the event too.

When the family Marcos arrived at Cheska's restaurant, Arthur greeted them since Cheska and Elle are still inside preparing something. It was Simon and Atty. Liza who arrived first.

"Good evening ma'am, sir. Welcome to Cheska & Arthur's Restaurant. Come in please." Arthur greeted them, smiling.

Atty. Liza and Simon go inside and find their seat. A little later, BBM followed together with Sandro, RJ, Henrico and two other PSGs. They go towards Simon and Atty. Liza.

Cheska comes out from the kitchen with Elle behind her. She saw Henrico and greeted him.

"Kuya Henry! Buti at nakapunta ka, sino kasama mo?" Cheska greeted Henrico.

"Daddy, I miss you!" Elle exclaimed, happy to see her dad again.

"Ohh, hi Ches! Hi anak. Kasama ko si Sir Bong at ang pamilya niya, magdidinner daw sila...." Henrico explained.

Before Henrico continues, Sandro interrupted the conversation as he saw Elle beside Cheska.

"Elle! What are you doing here? You'll dine in also?" Sandro asked.

"Sir Sandro...hindi, kasi ano my tita..." She halt as she saw Atty. Liza, BBM and Simon from a distance. "Hi sir, ma'am Liza and Simon...welcome po in here..." she greeted them.

"Hi Elle! Buti naman nandito ka din. We're about to have dinner here, you can join us." Atty. Liza make beso to her.

"Ay sir, ma'am. Sister-in-law ko po pala, si Cheska and siya din yung may-ari nitong resto..." Henrico introduced.

"Really? What a small world!" BBM said smiling.

"Wow, kayo po pala yung politician na boss ni Kuya Henry? Naku! Welcome po here...." Cheska exclaimed.

Cheska reserve the deck exclusive for the latter. Everyone can't believe that people inside the restaurant were just connected in some ways. They settle themselves first at the deck and continue the talking.

"Naku. Pasensya na po talaga kayo. I really don't have any idea that my kuya-in-law is working for you." Cheska said.

"It's okay. I understand about that since itong si Ric talaga namang privacy matters. Even Elle, biktima din yan. He didn't know until she get here in Manila." BBM giggles.

"I still cannot believe also that the owner of our favorite restaurant is related to Sir Henrico pala." Simon added.

"Talaga? Have you been here before ba?" it was Cheska.

"Yeah, dito ako nagpapaorder ng food ko during lunch noon. Nagpapautos lang ako. Dito lang din kasi sa BGC yung law office namin." Atty. Liza answered.

"I didn't know that, kasi di naman ako yung lagi dito because I was preparing for my husbands's migration papers, but thank you so much ma'am."

"It's okay, that's no big deal naman. Anyway, I noticed na pinalitan mo na yung name ng restaurant mo."

"Ay opo. Share na kasi kami ng husband ko. Kaya yung dating Cheska's Restaurant naging Cheska & Arthur's na po."

"I see. So, you're already married pala. I guess I will no longer call you Miss Fernandez eh no?" Atty. Liza giggled.

"Yeah. Mrs. Choate na po ma'am hehe."

Elle came in bringing the menu to the table together with two waiters. She sit down and join them for dinner.

"Thank you langga. Diyan ka na maupo katabi ng boss mo. Naku, di mo naman nasali sa kwento mo na nagtatrabaho ka na din pala sa mga Marcos." it was Cheska.

"Hehehe. Puro about school naman po kasi tinatanong mo tita eh, hehe. Peace po, love you!"

"Elle, you're really as hardworking as your dad. Di mo naman sinabing nag part-time ka din pala dito. Just like Sandro noon, nag part-time din siya sa Rockwell." BBM shared.

"Ay! Mas hardworking naman po pala yung boss ko sir. Ako kasi, I just helped Tita Ches with her business and this is what it's supposed to be my job today but then I got carried away by Ilocos then." Elle giggled while sharing.

"Hahahaha. Ayun lang. Wala pa din talagang tatalo sa Ilocos ano dear?" Atty. Liza asked.

"True po ma'am. I love my hometown in Mindanao but Ilocos offered me something different too. Easy to love and beautiful Ilocos Norte."

"Ang sabihin mo nak, dream come true mo yan" Henrico added.

"Awee, I am so happy langga that finally you are enjoying your work. Dalhin mo kaming Ilocos soon ha?" Cheska commented.

"Soon po tita with mommy and the sibs. You will really love Ilocos for sure."

"She's really fond about Ilocos sir that even teared up seeing the windmills the last time I brought her at Bangui." Sandro shared.

"Sir naman nambubuking." She giggled and glared at Sandro.

"Peace out Elle!" as Sandro showed her a peace sign.

"Huy isama niyo na rin ako ha, para happy tayong lahat. Bet ko yung empanada talaga doon." RJ commented.

"Opo ba, by the way sino nga po kayo ulit?" Elle asked.

"Well, ako po si TP, ang DH ng mga DH at higit sa lahat ang anti-Marcos na sumasama sa mga Marcos. I, thank you!" RJ said with some hand gestures.

Everyone laugh over the different stories and topic that was shared during the dinner. They aren't just get their stomach full but also filled their souls with happy thoughts and positive vibes.

After dining, the family Marcos just left the restaurant and go home. It was a successful re-opening event after all for Elle's family, especially her tita Cheska.

*** to be continue ***