PART 63 - The Truth that Set them Free

New Year means new beginning for Elle. Thankfully, she is done with the two certifications for Green Belt and Black Belt of being Six Sigma Certified.

Elle is now planning to proceed taking up the examination for CIE or Certified Industrial Engineers. She chose a year duration of review since the exam is somehow hard and has broader topics.

Back in the Philippines, Sandro is already at his mid-year first term service being a Congressman. Since he excel and was doing great for the past months, he is one of those top performing Congressmen in the country.

The award will be given the day before his birthday. It is one of the special, memorable and important event in his life and ofcourse to serve the kakailians of Ilocos Norte.

Atty. Liza set up a birthday dinner at their house in Manila and a thanksgiving as well for this milestone that Sandro achieved.

"Congratulations son, and happy birthday. Always been so proud of you, our first born!" BBM said as he hugged Sandro.

"Thanks Pops! Thank you din for always being there for me, and ofcourse mom." Sandro hugged them both.

"I am very proud of you Sandro. There's no days that you didn't make us proud ng daddy mo." Atty. Liza said as she starts to get emotional.

"Thank you so much mom! Thank you for always pushing me through my limits. I can't do all of this without you and Pops." He gratefully said.

"Anything for your own good always, son."

Right after the dinner, Sandro approached his mom and dad at their terrace while sipping their cup of tea.

"Nandito lang pala kayo, I thought you were already sleeping." Sandro said bringing his cup of tea.

"We're just discussing about something." BBM said before she turn his gaze to Atty. Liza. "Liza, I think it's time for you to tell him."

Atty. Liza then nods and ask Sandro to sit down. BBM leave them two to talk about it.

"Mom, what is it all about? It seems a serious thing." Sandro said being curious.

"It is son, and I hope you can forgive me..."

"Forgive you? For what mom?" His brows lifted.

"For what had happen between you and Elle, last last year. I know that I hurt you son for meddling with you two but I need to protect you and Elle that time..."

"Protect me and Elle? From what?" He continue asking.

"You know that Mr. Arguilles is the business partner of my cousin Martin, right? Who also happens to be the father of your ex-girlfriend, Caroline..."

"Yeah, I know that. And.... kaya nga kami nagkakakilala noon ni Cars."

"We are in chaos that time son because Mr. Arguilles was caught in action for the big corruption that is happening in the company. Your Tito Martin asked for my help with the case." Atty. Liza started spilling the issues.

"But why do you need to protect me and Elle? Are we involved?" Sandro asked again.

"At first, hindi. Pero noong nalaman niyang naging ex mo ang anak niya, he used that as an advantage to somehow make you as his bait, for us not to continue filing the case. He even forced Caroline to do his dirtiest tactics which is to picked and get you back. He even give threats to your tito, at gagamitin niya lahat ng connections niya." Atty Liza said with her hands sweating. "Ayokong umabot at mailabas sa publiko ang issue at ingay, kaya I do my best to work for it silently with the help of your dad. The video that I mentioned you that day na pinigilan ko, gagamitin sana nila yun para sirain ka." She starts to cry.

"Mom...." Sandro gently taps her back.

"For once, I feel scared for you, dahil kakasimula mo pa lang. Kaya I told you to focus and do your thing habang tinatrabaho ko yung sa case ng tito Martin mo. Ipinaglayo din kita kay Elle to protect her because she's too innocent to get involved in chaos..." Atty. Liza continues. "I'm sorry son...I'm so sorry because I know that I hurt and caused you a lot of pain pero wala na kasi akong ibang maisip na paraan. I saw Elle that time when we were talking, kaya sinabi ko sa'yo harshly that you need to focus para marinig niya din ako." She stuttered. "Nasaktan din ako para sa inyong dalawa but I don't have a choice, kundi protektahan ka because I love you so much, Sandro. I cannot let what you are working for so long na sirain lang ng iba...." Atty. Liza sobs.

Sandro was all shocked as what he heard from his mom. "What a revelation mom. I...I'm sorry for letting you bear all that alone. I know it's been hard for you..."

"No son, it's okay. You have nothing to be sorry about. We are just victims here who needs to fight for that corrupt people around."

"I love you mom." Sandro sobs and hugs her mom. "Thank you for doing such hard decision for me."

Atty. Liza hug Sandro and tap his back, as she kissed his head.

"But, how did you know about his plans all in details mom?" Sandro asked again when her mom let go of hugging him.

"Well, huli ko na nalaman when Caroline came to me, several months after what had happen. Actually, last year before Christmas. She begged me not to continue the case, and she also promised to take all the responsibilities para maibalik lang lahat ng kinuha ng dad niya. His dad had a heart attacked recently and is bed ridden now, so Caroline came to settle. Ayoko namang maging harsh kaya I gave her a chance." Atty. Liza said. "She also feels guilty about what she have done to you and Elle, for being so mean. She said that she's sorry for the mess that his dad made. Humihingi din siya ng tawad sa'yo and kay Elle for she can't afford to face both of you because of the embarassment..." Atty. Liza continues.

"Atleast, it was all settled now mom. We have nothing to worry about...." Sandro commented.

"Meron. Ikaw, Sandro. Ikaw ang inaalala ko. I know that it caused you so much pains and...."

"Mom, you don't have to worry, okay? Yeah, nasaktan ako but knowing the truth right now makes me feel better. We get through the worst and hoping for the better days ahead. Everything has a purpose, after all." He assured.

Atty. Liza nods. "I love you son, I hope you can still be happy as much as you are happy when you were with Elle."

"I love you too mom. God is good naman, everything will fall into place someday."

"Again, thank you for always making us the proud parents. Go find and do whatever makes you the happiest son. We are right behind to support you in your endeavors. Happy happy birthday!" Atty. Liza said.

Sandro then kissed and hug her mom so tight.

***to be continue***