PART 74 - Meeting the Great Grandma

Eight long months just flies so fast. Amidst everything that Elle struggled for having that long distance relationship, finally she will be back home for good. Sandro is the one who fetch her at the airport that day and he greeted her with the tightest hug.

After a week of Elle's arrival, it was Sandro's lola Meldy's Birthday. He invited her to the grand party to officially introduced her also to his whole family tree.

Outside, there were already a lot of visitors. Since Elle bring her tita's car, she stayed inside for a while and texted Sandro that she just arrived. Few minutes later, he then fetch her and accompany inside.

SANDRO: Hi love (kissed her cheeks)

ELLE: Hi. Bakit parang kinakabahan naman yata ako Sands?

SANDRO: Relax lang, Lola is so excited to meet you actually. Pops and Mom is inside already.

ELLE: Alam kong pampalubag-loob mo lang yan. I'm shaking Sands, anytime pwede akong magcollapse...

Before Elle could continue ranting, Sandro hold her hand so tight to make her feel comfortable. In distance, Elle noticed the so called Marcos girls. They look so elegant and all look stunning and beautiful.

ELLE: (whispers Sandro) Love, why do I feel like I am the blacksheep here. I'm the smallest among the girls, ayoko na uuwi nalang ako...

SANDRO: Love, relax. Okay? Wag kang mag-alala, blacksheep tayo pareho kasi ako din yung pinakamaliit but to tell you, head turner tayo mamaya hahahaha.

ELLE: Seryoso nga ako, tatawa pa ehh.

SANDRO: Ssshh, ako bahala sa'yo. Come on, they are waiting for us...

When they arrived at the dining hall...

ATTY. LIZA: Elle, hi  Finally you're here!

ELLE: Hello po tita Liza (kissed her cheek) Nahihiya po ako.

ATTY. LIZA: Ano ba yan, don't be. Go, punta ka kay Mama Meldy. She really wanted to meet you. Sandro, samahan mo si Elle.

All so nervous, Elle motioned to meet the great grandma birthday celebrator and show her respect. Elle held her right hand and put it to her forehead and greeted her.

ELLE: Mano po, Ma'am...uuhhhm, lo..lola Meldy. Happy Birthday po (with her hands shaking)

LOLA MELDY: Salamat hija. Are you Sandro's girlfriend?

SANDRO: Hey lola, opo. She's Elle.

LOLA MELDY: Oh, hi Elle. Finally, I get to meet you. Sandro, apo very demure naman pala and traditional girlfriend mo. Magkakasundo kami.

SANDRO: I told you po, she is (giggles)

ELLE: Ma'am, uhhhmm Lola..

LOLA MELDY: Naku dear, you can really call me Mama Meldy. Just like Sandro.

ELLE: Aahhh ehh, opo...hehe, pasensya na po kayo kung nanginginig ako. I was starstruck po kasi. I can't believe, it's the great first lady I am facing right now.

LOLA MELDY: (hold her hands) Don't be, okay? Everybody's welcome tonight ha? Thank you so much for coming hija. Go enjoy the night. May pagkain pa doon.

ELLE: Thank you po. Happy Birthday po ulit!

Elle then seated at her table with the girls and Sandro. It's not hard for her to mingle because she already met Jamie once.

JAMIE: Hi Elle! Finally, nagkita nasad ta usab (nagkita na naman tayo ulit)

ELLE: Kaya nga ehh (hug her) Hi Miss Xandra. I am a fan of your ice cream. Happy to finally meet you po.

XANDRA: Omg! Thank you. Sana nag message ka, so that I can treat you.

ELLE: Uhhhmmm... ehh hehe, pero sige po next time (giggles)

Cara and Carla also joined them.

CARA: Hi Elle! Welcome in here ha? Don't be shy.

ELLE: Awee, thank you Miss Cara and also, hi Miss Carla. I'm sorry, I was just too starstruck with you all.

CARLA: Hello. Don't be kasi pare-pareho lang tayo ng kinakain here (giggles) Pleased to meet you Elle.

JAMIE: Diba, I told you, you don't need to be intimidated. Over standard ra na imong makita online Elle. We are all the same here.

ELLE: Thank you Miss Jamie.

After the food was served, the talking continues. Elle talked a lot with the girls while the Marcos siblings are busy accompanying with their mother. The boys also had a different agenda.

When they have finish eating, Mia then come near them together with Sandro and Matthew.

MIA: (whisper at Cara) Mommy, where is Tito Sandro's girlfriend? I heard she's here.

CARA: Ohh, you knew already that Tito Sandro's girlfriend is here pala. Yeah, she's here Mia, my love.

MIA: Tito Matt and Tito Sandro told me but I didn't believe them unless I see her.

JAMIE: Awee, so adorable. Tita Elle is here Mia. Come here.

MIA: (come near to Elle) Hi tita Elle. Can I be friends with you also? Just like tita Xandra, tita Carla and tita Jamie?

ELLE: Aweee, you're indeed so cute Mia. Ofcourse. Not just friends but bestfriends too. Thank you for the warm welcome Mia.

SANDRO: What about me? You never hugged me like that before (sounds sad)

MIA: Well, I love everyone in here. I love you titos, my titas, my grandparents but above all I love Xio and mommy and daddy.

MATTHEW: Ooppss! Proud mentor here (giggles)

A happy and loud laughters followed after. When the party is about to end, they all then take a pose for a family photo, and yes, including Elle. Sandro hold her waist in the photo while making a graceful pose towards the camera.

ELLE: Lola Meldy, thank you so much. It is a great honor to attend such special occasion of the great first lady (kissed her)

LOLA MELDY: You're very much welcome apo.

ATTY. LIZA: Ma, napakamahiyain when it comes to this but I know that she go out now from her zone of meeting you (chuckles)

LOLA MELDY: Oo but normal talaga yan for someone growing up so traditional hehe. I hope I get to meet Simon and Vinny's girlfriends soon. Matanda na ako Liza.

ATTY. LIZA: Hahahaha hayaan niyo ma, alam naman nila yang responsibilidad nila for you. We love you ma, happy birthday (kissed Lola Meldy's cheek)

SANDRO: Lola ha, I am no longer indebted to you when it comes to a girlfriend hehe.

Lola Meldy just giggled.

Elle went home right after the party. She politely ask permission from everyone and it was nice meeting such a humble family tree of Sandro. They are all so genuine, very far from what people has to say online.

to be continue....