PART 37 - Victory

The May 2022 Election is fast approaching.

Elle have to go back to Mindanao to vote since she was a registered voter in her hometown. She flew with her dad, two days before the election. Right after the election, she go back to Manila alone since her dad will be back in service in a week in Mindanao for good.

She still have works to do in Ilocos for Sandro and will be working in the restaurant after, so she needs to go back early there as the counting of votes is on-going.

When she arrived in Manila, she just passed by at her Tita's condo and have a flight to Ilocos to be with Sandro until the counting of votes will be finalized. Thankfully, Sandro won for the Congress when the final tally of votes was released.

Elle can't help herself but cry out of happiness because finally, their efforts are paid off.

"Congratulations, Sands! You made it!" She wants to hug Sandro but she can't because there were a lot of people staring at them.

"Thank you, love." He whispered. "Thank you for your help. My victory is yours too."

Sandro gave his speech to the people who supported him since day one of the campaign, including his staffs, the volunteers, and most especially the people who voted for him. He is on the cloud nine feeling, still cannot believe that his kakailians chose him to be their Congressman.

After several minutes, they fly back to Manila to support and wait for the final result of the two highest position. When they arrived in Manila, they went straight to the HQ where everyone was still alive and kicking while waiting for the result. #WALANGTULUGAN is the vibe!

When Sandro's parents saw him, they hugged him tight to congratulate for his winning in Ilocos Norte as the congressman. There were tears in BBM's eyes, as he is so happy for Sandro. Atty. Liza also congratulate and hugs him. They are the proudest parents at that moment.

The counting of votes is still on-going and they decided to stay at the HQ. Elle segway from the crowd and get inside the conference room to get some coffee. Simon was there, sitting on the couch busy with his phone, maybe monitoring. On the sofa, is a girl who is sleeping covered by a blanket. Maybe that was Atty. Carmela.

"Simon, panalo yung Kuya mo. Panalo tayo!" Elle shared to Simon whispering.

"Omg! For real Elle? That's great news then!" Simon exclaimed.

"A great news indeed. So, by the way kumusta? How was the vote going on? Ano balita?" She asked.

"Uhhh, no I'm not looking at it. I'm tensed. Maybe later or mamayang morning nalang siguro to make sure. "

"I see. Kape ka muna."

"Sige Elle, thanks. I just get a cup for me later."

..................

It was morning when Elle wake up from a sofa at the HQ. She didn't know that she fall asleep last night over her cup of coffee. Maybe she is really tired that her body gives in to sleep.

She then saw Sandro coming towards her.

"Good morning. Buti naman, you're awake already. Pasensya ka na kagabi love, my friends came here to greet me. But bumawi naman ako when I saw you sleeping on the table. I bring you here para makatulog ka ng maayos." Sandro explained.

"Really? I'm sorry. Hindi man lang ako nakapag-HI sa mga friends mo. Hindi ka ba natulog? I mean look at you..."

"Nahh it's okay. I'll be fine."