PART 16 - Turntable

Today is the schedule of Gov. Matthew and Sandro to go to Pasuquin for the programs allotted for the farmers. Anikka, Josh and Marielle are with them since they were assigned in field works.

Elle was left at the HQ to do her paperworks - scheduling for the visits, accepting calls of requests and coordination of materials and even the donations.

She is facing her computer the whole time when her friend, Belinda, called her during lunch time.

"Hi ellieboo my bestie na personal assistant ni Sandro my crushie. Ang bestfriend kong pinakalucky sa balat ng..." ani Belinda na ang taas ng energy from the other line.

"Ang ingay mo! Namimiss tuloy kita. Ano gawa mo diyan?"

"Heto katatapos lang maglunch at umaasa pa din na may pa video greetings kay Sandro sa birthday ko." she giggled.

"Ang oa talaga. Ang layo pa ng birthday mo oy!"

"Sige lang. Nagpapaalala lang naman ako, baka kasi mamaya makalimutan mo."

"Oo nga, sa susunod kapag malapit na bes." she assured.

"Yay! Pangako mo yan ha? Thanks best. Ingat ka diyan sa Ilocos ha? Sana all, ang layo na ng lipad."

"Hahaha punta tayo dito soon. Ingat ka diyan best, I love you."

"I love you Elle, bye! Mwaaah."

After that call, Elle go out to eat lunch first and go back after, to resume her work. The arrival of materials and donations are back to back, so she got busy with the receiving receipts of it until 7:00 pm. Then she organized the papers for Sandro to have it signed when he arrive.

Elle get a glass of milk at the pantry then go back. She finalizes all her work and again compiled them to be signed tomorrow. She didn't notice that she already fall asleep while leaning on her table.

On the other hand, Sandro came at almost 9:00 pm. He noticed that Elle's cubicle room is still locked and the lights are off, so he assumed that she is still in the HQ Office. He then go there to check.

A guard outside greeted Sandro as he saw him.

"Good evening Sir Sandro."

"Good evening Chief. Is Elle still inside?"

"Mukhang nasa loob pa po, di pa naman nakapagcheck out sa logbook sir."

"Okay sige, salamat chief."

"Walang anuman sir."

Sandro walk towards the entrance and saw Daryl, one of the HQ's utility.

"Hey Daryl, late na ahh. Bakit nandito ka pa?"

"Ay, magandang gabi po sir. Hinihintay ko pa kasi si mama, nasa loob pa. Pauwi na din kami pagkatapos."

"I see. Nakita mo ba si Elle?"

"Ay si ma'am Elle po, opo nakita ko po siya kanina kumuha ng gatas sa pantry. Mukhang nasa office pa po yata sir."

"Okay sige salamat. Ingat kayo pauwi ha?"

"Opo sir. Salamat po."

Even from a distance, Sandro saw Elle through the transparent window that she is asleep, leaning on her table. Sandro get inside and come near her. He sit beside her and try waking her up.

"Hey Elle" as he slowly tap her shoulder. "Elle...."

Elle moved her head, half facing Sandro, still asleep.

"Hayy, look at this tired little bean here." He giggles and remove the few strands of hair that cover Elle's face. "There, I can clearly see your beautiful...."

Sandro halt as he realize of what he is doing. He felt something in his chest, somewhat happy but nervous. He remove his hand from her face and continue staring at her. When he tries to lean back, the pen fall from the desk. It made a noise and wake Elle up.

"Ehee, good morning?" Sandro wave his hand in front of her face.

Elle wipe her face and look surprised seeing Sandro in front of her. "Oww. I'm sorry sir..." She sit properly and simply fixed her hair before facing him.

She smile awkwardly.

"Ahhh ehhh, kanina pa po kayo diyan sir?"

"Nope. Just ten minutes ago, I guess?"

"Talaga po? Bakit di niyo man lang ako ginising. Nakakahiya."

"It's okay. Mukhang masarap tulog mo ehh hehehe."

"Ahh...anyway sir, heto na po yung mga pipirmahan niyo. Eto po yung sa dumating na materials, eto naman po yung sa...."

"Teka, tinapos mo lahat? Kaya naman pala nakatulog ka na sa mesa mo. Sana pinagpabukas mo nalang yung iba."

"Hello? Baka nakalimutan niyo pong IE ako. Wala po sa vocab namin yung idleness. That's consider a waste."

"Wow, impressive! So I guess, I hired the best personal assistant in the world?" he is clapping his hands and smile at her.

"Wow, exaggerated! Pirmahan mo nalang kaya sir at nang makauwi na ako..."

"Hala, kung makauwi akala mo naman ang layo ng uuwian. Bukas na yan Elle, wala naman akong schedule bukas diba?"

"Yeah, wala po until next week."

"Okay. So bukas, pipirmahan ko yan lahat kasi next day we'll go back to Manila for Pops' filing. He called earlier, at pinapasabi din ng daddy mo na uuwi ka ding Manila. Your Tita Cheska is waiting for you."

"Really? My tita is in Manila na? Acccck, I'm excited!"

"Bago ka maexcite diyan, bilisan mo na. It's getting late already." He get a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to Elle. "Here, punasan mo yang laway mo sa mukha. Hahahahaha."

"Hala siya, di naman ako nagdrool. Nagsisimula ka na naman po ha!"

"Well, whatever that's in your face basta bilisan mo na. It's late already, I'll walk you to your cubicle."

"Okay." then she get the handkerchief.

When Elle was done fixing her things, they both went out from the HQ Office. Sandro walked Elle to her cubicle and let her go inside first before he left.

"Good night sir. Thank you sa paghatid. Ang gwapo mo tonight kasi ang bait niyo. Bye! Hahahaha."

Sandro was too stunned to speak as what Elle said. She didn't wait for him to answer and get inside, closing her door. Sandro was used to hearing compliments from the people around him but that compliment from Elle, hits different for him.

When he get back to his senses, he turned his back and starts walking to his cubicle room. Sandro then looked up at the sky again but failed to see any moon nor stars above.

"Hey, moon and stars? Magpakita kayo sa akin. Mukhang iba yung naging response ng hiling ko ahh. The table turns. Why am I feeling strange in my chest right now. You betrayed me!"

*** to be continue ***