CHAPTER 12: Derek is Missing

Start from the beginning

The girl panicked

"That's my car!" she said as she ran off.

Peter chuckled "I have to say, Scott, I continue to be impressed with your ingenuity. Just remember. You can't be everywhere all the time."

Bella began to feel sad "We didn't come here to shop around, did we?"

Peter shrugged, "Why can't we do both?"

"Doesn't make sense to me." Bella holds the jacket up and puts it back on a rack "Here I thought we were gonna have some time together and here you are fraternizing with teenage girls."

Peter laughed out loud. "I'm not fraternizing with anyone. That was Scott's girlfriend."

"So that makes it okay?"

"I'm not hitting on teenage girls. I will make conversation with one to get close to someone else."

Bella nodded "Sure, dad. Whatever you say."

"Hey, come on now. We can't mix business and personal time?"

"If you want to do something like that, don't do it in front of me. It was humiliating."

Peter sighed "I'm sorry, kiddo. I didn't mean to upset you."

"Let's just go." Bella said as she made her way out of the store.

Peter sighed and took one look at the jacket Bella found and followed behind her.

The two of them almost said nothing on the way back home. Back at the loft, Peter tried to explain that with him being an Alpha, he needed to keep things in check with his beta, Scott. "Otherwise, how else will he reach his potential? "The bite is a gift. He needs to accept that."

"Well it seems like not everyone wants it."

"It doesn't matter if someone wants the bite or not! It'll happen!"

"I thought we were gonna put this behind us."

"What?"

"You literally told me that we would leave everything behind and start a new life elsewhere. Or was that just a lie?"

"Bella, I have never lied to you about anything. I bit Scott before I made that promise to you. Once I get through to him, we will go. I promise."

"I need some air." Bella decided to run out to the video store to try and find something to watch for the weekend, But not before she was stopped along her tracks by someone before entering the parking lot of the store.

"Well, little Hale!" a cheery voice said behind her. "

Bella turned and met the voice behind her

"Look at you now, not so little anymore." the mysterious woman said.

Bella squinted her eyes "Who are you?"

"Aw, I'm surprised you don't recognize me and yet, you know my name. After all, I am the one that cripped your dear old dad."

Bella began to realize who was standing right in front of her. "You're an Argent." she said angrily

The woman laughed "That I am. Kate Argent."

"What do you want with me? You should know, I am not a wolf. You can't hurt me as I am human. Throw silver at me, it won't do anything. Poison me with wolfsbane, nothing will happen."

"Awe sweetheart. Don't worry. I already know this. By the way, how is Derek?"

"Don't know. Don't care."

"Oh, so you wouldn't mind if I killed him?"

Bella's eyes widened "What did you do to Derek?"

"Nothing that'll hurt him. Yet." Kate said as she walked away

After that, Bella rushed home and immediately called out to Peter.

"Dad!" she cried

Peter jumped from the couch "Bella? What is it?"

"Where's Derek?"

"How should I know? I thought that you didn't care."

"I didn't until now." Bella pants. Her heartbeat was all over the place.

Peter realized something was terribly wrong. "What happened?"

"I just met Kate Argent."

Peter's eyes widened as he rushed over to his daughter's side "Kate? My god, did she hurt you?"

Bella nodded "No. But I think she did something to Derek. I think he may be missing."