"Mm . . ." he murmured, startling her. "If only we had a camera." His arm around her hip tightened. "You could snap a picture of me, then put it in a locket."

"Funny." She smiled. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't." He yawned, covering his mouth. "I could never complain about being woken up by my wife staring at me like I'm her next meal."

A deep flush ran down her neck. "You picking on me makes me want to kiss you."

He turned toward her as his hand slid up her arm, fluffing out her tangled hair. "I like that idea, so where's that kiss?"

She wiggled a little and moved back. "It's not happening. I have coffee breath."

"And? I have dog breath." Amir's eyes went half-mast. "That's the perfect combination."

She stared down at him. "If I wanted to kiss a dog, all I'd have to do is find one."

He let out a rumble from his mouth, shaking the bed. "You're good at making me work for it."

"Uh-huh. Like I said, I'm high maintenance."

"I don't care." Amir rose on one elbow, moving closer. "I'll have to work extra harder, then."

"You do just that." She chuckled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Ironically, yeah." His hand cupped her cheek. "I thought I wouldn't sleep at all because of the heat, but I fell asleep right after you. I had my whole world wrapped in my arms. I was in paradise."

Luna bit her curved lip and smiled.

Lowering her mouth to his, she kissed him. She only wanted to give him a gentle kiss, but that wasn't how it went. The second she raised her head, he rolled her under him.

"Now, I know you're desiring to give me a better good morning kiss than that," he teased, and she reached forward, giving him her love.

They were lost in each other for a while as the minutes passed. She knew they needed to get prepared and meet the community, but both of them couldn't seem to let go, no matter how important other things were. It wasn't just staying in the moment and seizing whatever time they had together, but what she felt in his embrace. Her head swam after a few delicate touches of his warm lips against her skin, and his grip on her hip tightened, causing her breath to hitch. If he continued to move gently over her like he had been, she knew her resistance would crumble.

She felt it, as did Amir.

Him. Her. Hot and bothered. Alone, with no one bothering them. She didn't know how she felt about that considering the moment they had shared before the ambush. But they were in a home with no power and nothing surrounding them that could combust.

Her stomach twitched. In that single moment, in a bed and house that once belonged to another family, now felt more right than last time. There weren't any distractions or anyone looking over their shoulder.

Electricity seemed to charge the air the second he lifted his head and stared down at her, his pupils shifting into a dark, intense brown. "Moon?"

In one of those rare moments when she didn't mind if he peeked in her mind, he did, inching closer. "A," she whispered. "We can wait until after we—"

Tethered Souls | Books 1, 2, and 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें