Chapter 179 - You're the only one I want

Luke couldn't believe what he had heard. Did just Camie asked him to sleep with her to get her pregnant? Was she crazy?

Taking a few steps back, he looked at her with disbelief.

"You are really serious about this, aren't you?" he asked her, hoping that she would laugh at the end and say she got him. But her face was showing that she was dead serious about it.

"Of course. Luke, you have no idea what it feels like when you find out your husband can't give you a child. It is not fair for me. I'm healthy, I'm fertile and now I can't have one because Fixer is not man enough."

"And your brilliant idea is to cheat on him by asking another man to sleep you with and knock you up."

"First it is not cheating. And second what do you suggest? That I accepted it."

"That is why it is called marriage, Camie." Luke said.

"But nobody will find out you are the father of the child. I will tell Fixer that the treatment worked and the baby is ours," she said approaching him.

"You know what Camie, you are out of your mind if you think I will cheat not only on my wife, but also on my friend. And especially that I will ever have a child with you instead of Ines," Luke said to her.

"It is not fair. Your wife is so damn fertile that not only she got pregnant the first time you slept with her, but the second time she was able to have identical twins. She is 25 years old and she already is the mother of 3 kids. I'm 26 and I will never be one."

"I'm sorry Camie, but if you really want to have a baby of your own, you better find another guy."

"I thought we were friends," she said.

"Funny cause I thought that too," Luke said and walking out of the kitchen, he reached the backyard where Ines was talking to Fixer, listening of his childhood stories of him and Biggs, Tank and Luke.

Ines loved hearing those stories. Looking at Luke, and seeing the expression on his face, she knew something happened.

"Hey, what is it?" she asked him.

"Come babe, we're leaving," he said walking towards Padme and picking the baby from the ground, "Come Ben. R2 we're leaving."

Ines looked at her husband not understanding the changing attitude all of the sudden, but knowing Luke, something happened for sure.

Standing up slowly, she adjust Alli on her arms. The baby was still fast asleep still holding a string of her mother's hair.

Fixer stood up too and he also was surprised by that.

"But now? Luke I thought you would stay for a little longer," he said to his friend.

"Sorry Fixer but it is better if we leave. I want to reach the farm before the duo suns set. We have a few things to take out of the ship, like the twins baskets where they would sleep and need to turn the power on in there. Sorry man." he said as he took Ben's hand and started heading towards the front door.

"Well thanks for the food, it was very delicious," Ines smiled at him and looked at Camie who just had coming out of the kitchen.

Following Luke, Ines reached her husband and looked at him

"Babe what happened? Why did you acted like that back there?"

"Ines, I don't want to talk it, at least right now," he said looking at her.

"Okay but I want to know. Something happened Luke, I feel it. You are hiding for me cause I can't see or feel your thoughts, which means your shields are up."