Chapter 145 - Dinner with friends

After talking to Leia about what happened in Kamino and tell her and Han and Chewie everything that Kamino's Prime Minister Lama Su told him during their conversation and prior to that, he showed what R2 had in his data base and they could see at least who was Dr. Pershing, and how did he looked like and what he did. Leia knew for sure that the Senate, wanted to see that, but they all decided that for now they would keep to themselves who this doctor was, if they had to tell they would tell only to Mon Mothma and Admiral Ackbar and nobody else in the Senate. Not because they didn't trust the other Senators, but they all knew that there were Senators that worked for the Empire and of course after its fall, they pretended to that they were forced to do so, over threats on their families, but many of them probably were still faithful to the Empire and its followers, and if the whole Senate knew about this and that they knew at least one of the doctors that Gideon asked to worked for them, those Senators probably would warn them and told them what the New Republic would know. After deciding that, they spend the rest of the day talking to Leia and Han before heading to their own apartment enjoying some time alone after 7 days apart from each other.

The next day, Luke was the only one who had to the Jedi Temple, since that night were the dinner with his friends from Tatooine: Fixer and his wife Camie and Tank, and Ines decided that she would stay at home getting everything ready.

*********************

At night:

The 5 of them was sitting by the table, after having their dinner, laughing and talking about old times.

"I can't believe that you, that whiny boy from a moister farm have this power and now it is all powerful," Tank said.

"Hey I didn't know I had this power. Now that I think of it, I remember an episode when I was 6 years old." he said smiling.

"What?"

"It is something that I never thought before and now that I think about, it was the first time I use the force."

"The what?" Camie asked him.

"Oh it is what give us our strength, our power," Ines explained to her.

"But how did you know that at that age, dude," Fixer asking his friend.

"Like I said, I was 6 years old and I didn't know where a screwdriver was. And somehow, I knew it was under the couch and it was in fact under that couch. My Uncle was so upset. He accuse me that I knew it was there before because I had put it there. It was not the case. I knew the screwdriver was there somehow. He didn't believe me and I learned not to do it every again around him."

"Your uncle was afraid that using the force somehow the Empire would sense you. He believed in you, he simply didn't want to you to continue to use it," Ines said looking at him while running her left fingers through his blond hair, smiling, making Luke look at her smiling too.

"I know that now. But at the time I was really upset that my uncle in a way called me a liar. I was 6, why would I lie about it."

"Let's face it Luke you were a strange kid to be honest," Fixer told him.

"My parents used to buy water from his uncle's moister farm, so I knew Luke since we were small kids and I also found you a little strange. Even I thought of that and we were have the same age," Camie told him smiling.

"Remember my uncle and your father always said that we would end up together?" he laughed making Ines and Fixer looked at them.

"Excuse me?" Fixer asked.

"Yes, say that again," Ines said crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Ups, I think you guys made your companions jealous," Tank laughed at them.