Chapter 22 - The Revelation

Luke entered in an anteroom, was full of hissing pipes and steam that belched from the floor

Luke entered in an anteroom, was full of hissing pipes and steam that belched from the floor. Luke began to explore the room and noticed an opening above his head, leading to a place he could not even imagine. He moved forward to get a better look, and as he did, the section of the floor he stood on began to rise slowly upward. Luke rode up with the lifting platform, determined to face the foe he had traveled so far to meet.

The room was deathly quiet, except for the hissing of steam escaping some of the pipes in the room. It appeared to Luke that he was the only living creature in this chamber of strange machinery and chemical containers, but he sensed that he was not alone.

The he heard behind him:

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet"

Luke turned around and saw Darth Vader on top of the stairs. Climbing the stairs he stood in front of him, holding the handle of his lightsaber and quickly ignited it.

At the same time instant, Vader ignited his own lightsaber and quietly waited for Luke to attack.

His great hatred for Vader impelled Luke to lunge at him savagely, bringing his sizzling blade down upon Vader's, but Vader deflected the blow with a defensive turn of his own weapon.

Again Luke attacked. Once again the blades of their lightsabers clashed.

******************************

Ines and R2 were meandered up and down the corridor.

"How the hell we will get out of here?" Ines told to herself "R2 we need to find that damn platform"

She was about to go out when she spot some shadows and turn around hiding. When she recognized them

"Leia"

Leia turned and Ines ran towards her and both friends hugged each other.

"Ines, I'm so glad you are okay. Where's Luke?"

"He said he had to do something alone" she replied and spotting Lando she raised Luke's pistol. "What is he doing here?"

"We are going try to get Han before it is too late"

"And you trust him?"

Leia looked at her

"He is the only chance we can get to Han" Leia looked at her and Ines nod.

"Well, let's go"

Smiling, Leia started followed Lando, followed by Ines and Chewie.

Once 3PO saw R2 he called his old friend.

"R2, where have you been?" he told him "Hurry! We're trying to save Han from the bounty hunter."

R2 beeped responding to 3PO