Chapter 44 - Listen the Force

Luke entered in the Senate Hospital, holding Ines in his arms, being followed by Leia, Han, Lando, Chewie and the droids

"Somebody" he yelled.

And human doctor came running

"What's wrong?"

"My wife, she is not breathing" he said.

"Come quickly" as she made Luke put Ines on a stretcher, she called help as they arrived in the room, she put a scanner above Ines body, showing her interior. She looked at Luke, "We hear a second heart beat"

"She is 4 ½ month pregnant" he informed

"Doctor she is collapsing" a droid informed her

"We need to intubate her, now" she ordered "And we need to take off this wedding dress. What is her name?"

"Ines Skywalker" Luke informed her "What's wrong with my wife?"

"Skywalker?" the doctor looked at him. At that moment Luke didn't care about that, all he want to know what was wrong with his wife and if their baby was okay.

"Mr Skywalker we need to you to step outside, please. We will come for you when we had some information"

"I'm not leaving her"

Leia grabbed Luke's arms

"Luke, let them work" she said and started to pull him out of the room while the doctors close the door.

******************************

Everyone in the waiting room was silent.

"How did this happen? She looked fine" Lando spoke.

Luke was walking back and forth. He knew something was wrong with that drink.

"It was that drink. I should have put it away the moment the waiter gave it to me" he said

"The Peppermint drink?" Han asked. "How did you know?"

"I heard the force the moment I grabbed that glass. What ever is happening to her, it was for me. Why she had to drink it?" he sighed grabbing his hair.

Minutes later the door of the room opened and the doctor who Luke saw the first moment he entered the care, came out. Everyone stood up, and Luke walked towards her

"How is my wife and my baby? What is wrong with her?"

"Mr Skywalker" she started looked at the people and then to him.

"Please don't hide anything from me"

She nod

"Your wife's lungs are being attack by some type of parasites."

"Parasites?!" Leia asked in shock

"Yes. We only saw one other case like this one. They attack mostly the lungs of the host."