Chapter 59 - Life and death

Varykino:

Varykino:

It was almost lunch time in the Lake Retreat, but at that time Ines was giving a slow walk around the place, being held by her husband. Since that morning that her contractions were getting closer and stronger. Her water didn't broke yet, but according to the midwife, it wouldn't take time. She told them to give a little walk cause it would help, and that's what they were doing.

Wrapping his right arm around her waist to support her, while his left held her left hand, Luke was helping her, stopping every time she had a contraction. According to his counts, the last one was 45 minutes ago. Right now they were having a nice walk around the place.

"Do you want to sit down darling?" he asked, sensing she was getting a little tired.

"No, my love. We are walking slowly and actually it is helping" she said when she stopped and tight the grip on his hand.

"Take deep breaths" he told her, knowing a contraction was hitting at that very moment.

Ines closed her eyes and pressed her forehead on his shoulder, making Luke rest his right cheek on her head. He could feel she was in terrible pain and it hurt him that he couldn't do anything about it. It was the natural way of birth. But he was here for her, always.

"What can I do to help?" he asked

"Having the kid for me" she smiled looking back at him

"If could I would. Seeing you in pain breaks my heart" he said stroking her hair that she didn't have the mood to tie up that morning, but he didn't mind at all.

He sensed her body started to relax, indicating that another contraction was over.

"This one was short but strong" she said taking a deep breath

"And they are getting closer. This one was 40 minutes apart from the other" he said stroking her cheek while he kiss the top of her head. "Just think that at each one, we are closer to have our baby in our arms" making Ines nod.

"So our plan to stay here only a few days, turn out to be a few weeks?"

"Of course, you need to recovered after giving birth, so I informed Queen Naluma and she said we can stay as long as we want. We are welcome to be here anytime we want, being the son of Queen Amidala, and being a Naberrie. Actually she wants to see the baby when we leave. After all he will born here" he smiled.

"Babe. Are you planning to use your mother's name: Naberrie?" she asked him

Luke looked away thinking. That was something he never thought before but he was now thinking that was not a bad idea. He was a Naberrie by blood.

"I don't mind actually, but I also like to wear my Uncle Owen last name: Lars. After all he and my aunt Beru were the ones who raised me."

"Why not wear the two: Luke Lars Naberrie Skywalker? After all you will always be known as Luke Skywalker"