Chapter 13 - "I love you"

Ines left the room and stopped in the corridor, breathing heavily. She was fighting the tears. Why every time they were about to talk about their feelings for each other, something had to happen? Was that a sign that they were not meant to be? She thought. But this time what hurt the most of the fact that Leia knew she loved him and either way she decided to kiss him, in front of her, only to make Han jealous.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she head to the control room, in time to hear Han informed towards the intercom that they were discovered by the empire.

Today was not a good day for sure.

Everyone started to give orders for the pilots to get their speeders ready.

Leia saw Ines, who was standing at the entrance of the control room, with her arms crossed in front of her chest. She knew why she had that look, and she knew what she had done was stupid, but she was so upset with Han that she didn't even think about it. When she realize what she had done was already too late. But she wanted to talk about it, but now was not the best time.

Standing up from her chair she approached her.

"I need you to do something for me" she told her

"What?" Ines asked in a harsh tone

"I need you to go inform Luke he will be with Dak in his T-47 airspeed and he will be waiting for him soon"

"Why don't you go yourself? Hey in the middle of the talk you can give him a goodbye kiss. I'm sure he wouldn't mind" she told her and turned away to leave the place.

"Damn Ines, I'm not in the mood right now" Leia yelled at her "I'm still your superior so you do what I told you. I have better things to do than deal your jealousy behavior"

"Well next time don't kiss the man I love, especially knowing my feelings for him"

Everyone in the room was watching them fighting. They never saw those two yelled at each other like that before.

Leia noticed this and grabbing Ines arms, she pulled her closer to her and whispered at her

"You are making a scene. Just to what I ordered"

"Yes your highness" Ines told and turned away while Leia looked at everyone in the room

"Where are you all looking for? Get back to work. We don't have much time"

**********************************

Luke was putting his flight suit on. He knew there was an evacuation plan going on and they were about to be attacked by the empire, and his squad was needed. But he didn't want to leave without talking to Ines. And this time he didn't care how much time his co-pilot had to wait, he would talk to her, after all he didn't know when he would see her again. There was another thing, he needed to informed her that he would not meet with them after leaving Hoth.

The 2-1B droid spoke at him:

"Sir, it will take quite a while to evacuate the T – 47's"

"Forget the heavy equipment. There's time to get small modules on the transports"

"Take care, sir"

"Thanks" he smiled and left the medical care room.

He was looking around trying to find Ines, when he saw the Falcon and smiling he head towards it, seeing Chewie and Han still trying to repair the old ship.

Approaching the Wookie, Luke said:

"Chewie, take care of yourself, okay?" and scratched the big Wookie's neck laughing, before turning to talk to Han, laughing even more when Chewie just pulled him into a hug.