Chapter 77 - Compromise

2 weeks had passed since the birthday of Luke and Leia. The Naberries stayed for a week. Leia showed them the Senate while Luke showed them the Jedi Temple.

It was great to have their grandparents around. After a week they said their goodbyes, with the promise that soon they will visit them in Naboo. Luke loved the planet, not only because his family was from there but also it was the planet where his son born.

At 3 months old, he was way more active through the day and slept a lot during the night. The first time he slept all night, Luke and Ines got so scared that they kept going to the bedroom to check if he was okay.

He also loved to hold his stuffed X-Wing and focus a lot on objects, besides he smiled a lot and have long conversations with himself with also melt Luke and Ines heart.

He also started to rise his torso when he was on his belly, using his arms which made Luke called Ines in a hurry when he did that the other day for the first time. His boy was in fact getting big.

A few days ago, Luke had to go the Senate to give the latest information about the Temple and to give a date of the opening, which he already decided it would be in 4 months. He was waiting for the Freedom Day celebration in two months, where the galaxy would celebrate the fall of the Empire, a day it would be celebrated every year.

At the moment Luke and Ines were in the Jedi Temple, in the combat room, having a little training while their baby boy was in the floating crib, taking one of his afternoons nap.

Ines crossed her Escrima sticks blocking the attack from the Bamboo staff from Luke.

Swinging the sticks, she attacked, being block my Luke, while she tried to hit below trying to swing the staff away, giving Luke time to swing back and hit her on the back with his staff, making Ines wince and looked at him with not a so happy look, while Luke smiled at his wife.

"Don't tell me I'm getting better on your expertise, sweetheart" he told her.

Facing him, she walked towards him, twirling the sticks. She attacked from the left, she started to attack in every direction, making Luke block the sticks as fast as he could. Getting the opportunity where Luke block an attack above his head, she hit him on the side with the sticks and with a quick move she made the staff flew from his hands and before he could grabbed the Escrima sticks preventing an attack, she wrapped her right arm around his neck, and pressing her back on his chest, she raised herself up and wrapping her legs on his waist, she leaned forward, making them both do a forward somersault, ending up with Luke laying on the floor with Ines standing up, looking down at him.

"You were saying?" she asked while they both were breathing heavily.

"That was a cheap move Skywalker" he said looking up at her.

"You still have much to learn Skywalker" she smiled at him.

She was about to step aside but Luke put his right leg between hers and hooking them, he made Ines lost her balance and fell on the floor, and with a quick move, he saddle on top of her, grabbing her wrists and holding them above her head.

"Hey that is not fair" she said at him

"I learned with the best" he smiled at her and leaning down he took her lips in his, as they started to make out a little, being interrupted by a sudden cry from the floating crib.

Pulling apart Luke sighed

"I swear this kid can know when I'm kissing you" he laughed standing up and pulling her up too. Heading to the crib, she saw their Ben pouting