Chapter 146 - A talk with an old friend

Later that night, after putting Ben on his bed, Luke and Ines went to clean the dining room and let everything ready before they went to bed. Right after they finished, their twins woke up for their meal.

Outside the rain started to fall, while Luke and Ines were in their bed, facing each other. Luke had his right arm around Ines waist, and with their legs intertwine, they were kissing, enjoying a moment alone before going to sleep.

Pulling apart, Ines smiled at her husband, running her left fingers through his hair.

"What?" he asked her.

"I was just remember the stories your friends told earlier. I can't believe you got in trouble so many times." she giggled at him making rolled his eyes, but he also couldn't help but giggled too.

"Well what do you expect. I didn't know why my Uncle always got mad at me every time I asked him about my father, and the time I use the force he looked so angry."

"He just wanted to protect you," she said to him.

"I know that now. I feel so bad and I wish I could apologize to him and say that I'm sorry for everything. That I understand now why he kept me in the farm and didn't want me to go to the Academy," he told her sighing.

"If you went to the Imperial Academy, the first time they would set eyes on your last name, I'm sure the Emperor and your father would know right away who you were and they would have kill you, and everything that Obi Wan and your uncle and aunt did to protect you by hiding you in that desert planet, would be in vain." Ines looked him giving him a quick kiss on his lips.

"You're right. Now I see that, but back then, I didn't understand why." he replied.

"Either way, the force was always watching over you. Remember the time you ran away," she said kissing his right shoulder, making him pull her closer to him.

"I still can't believe that I never realize that the boy could have being a manifestation of the force using my father's image as a kid." he told thinking of that time.

"But why nobody believed you. What happened?" Ines asked him.

"Well we soon discovered a Sand Person buried in the sand, and we took his gaffi stick. Then we sought shelter in a nearby cave but a pack of womp rats drove us back out into the storm, where we stumbled upon a red and white astromech droid. Ani rigged up the astromech's motivator to explode, causing a flare. Unfortunately, the flare attracted the attention of a krayt dragon that attacked us because of it."

Ines looked at her husband.

"Wait, a red R2 unit with a bad motivator? Just like the one your uncle bought before getting our R2 and everything started?"

"Yes, you are right." Luke said with wide eyes.

"Then what?"

"I don't know how but I lost sight of Ani, but by instinct, I killed the dragon by throwing the gaffi stick at its throat. I was so exhausted, after that and I fell unconscious but, fortunately, Uncle Owen sent a rescue party to look for me and they found me. Once they did, there was no sign of the krayt dragon or Ani. So they thought I had dream the whole thing and it was only my imagination. Until today nobody believed me."

Ines looked at him and smiled stroking his hair.

"I do."

"Yes you do," he smiled at her.

"So," she started. "Your uncle and Camie's father were thinking about you two end up together. I see. She is very beautiful I have to say," she giggled.

"Feeling jealous?" he asked.

"Well a little yeah, of course," she replied looking at him with a smile on her face.