Chapter 79 - Senate Meeting

Iris Skywalker Organa Solo

It has being 2 days since the past events that ended with the death of Shira but sadly with the dead of an innocent

Since then, all the people involved had meetings, interrogations, the usual protocol. Also they had the funeral of young Joel and that was very difficult to handle, especially for Wedge, the one that Joel save by stepping in front of him, not to mention about the future of his little sister Iris. Luke promised him he would watch over her. She was not force sensitive but he couldn't let the little girl to be alone in this world.

Today there was a meeting in the Senate to discuss the events, and especially the threat that Shira told before she died.

Luke was watching all the Senators gathering below him. He already gave his speech, telling them who Shira was and what she did on his wedding day, almost killing Ines and their baby, and now what she planned to do.

Ines appeared next to him, having their sleeping baby on her arms. Luke smiled at him and stroke his son's head, running his fingers on his brown hair. He didn't know what he would do if Shira touched a single hair of his baby.

"How is it going?" she asked looking at the Senate below them.

"Not well. But you arrived in time. Leia is about to speak"

Looking at the Senate, Leia came forward.

"Senators, we knew this would happen. If you ever thought that with the dead of the Emperor, everything would be fine from that moment on and we could live our lives without any problem, then I'm sorry but many of you need a reality check. The fact that for months we don't have any news from the followers of Empire, it shows they are doing something in the shadows. They are smart. They are using our tactics. Staying quiet, staying low, making us believe they are gone and then attack when we are vulnerable. Now we know that is not true. The last event gave us an advantage. We know they are out there. So we will not get by surprise. With the new Jedi Academy opening in 4 months, we will have more people on our side. What we need to do is stay united, now more than ever, or we will end like the Empire and everything we went through years ago, will be in vain" she finished her speech and sat down again.

Luke nod

"She's good" he said smiling

"Yes she is" Ines replied.

As the meeting ending, Luke and Ines went to Leia's office. They already had plan to went there, to have a private meeting with her and Ackbar and Mon Mothma, also Han and Chewie were there as well.

Once they entered in the office, Han and Chewie were already there.

"Hey Han! Chewie" Ines said sitting on the couch, making sure Ben didn't woke up.