Sleepover

Author's Note: This is one of my favorite songs of all time, and I'm really happy of how this turned out. 

One shots (Namjin):

🎤 Come on, let's sleep in my bed.

Can I just be in my head with you?

Come on, let's sleep in my bed.

Can I just be in my head with you?

And it breaks my heart, yeah it breaks my heart.

I do this every single time, every time...

But at least I got you in my head, oh yeah.

At least I got you in my head, in my head.

Sleepovers in my bed, oh yeah.

At least I got you in my head, in my head. 🎤

The bedroom was silent, except for the sounds of low buzzing, coming from the projector that was running in the background.

A young man, with chestnut brown hair and golden hazel eyes, was sitting on the edge of the bed silently, watching the images with eyes filled with sadness.

Playing on the projector was a slideshow of pictures of him and his husband, Seokjin, who's been away in the military for the last three years.

That's what happens when you marry an Army officer, but he was used to it, since the older male was always getting sent away on duty.

That didn't mean that he liked it, however.

He just sighed, before continuing to watch the slideshow, ignoring the tears that were slowly falling down his face.

There were pictures from the vacations that they took- where they had big smiles on their faces- along with family photos, and pictures of them with their first dog, Teddy.

He died years ago, though- getting replaced by two sugar gliders, with Namjoon claiming that they didn't need them.

His husband, Seokjin, was adamant, however, and was insistent that they keep them, which eventually ended up happening.

They were sitting in their tank in the bedroom that evening, and the younger male couldn't help but glance at them every once in a while.

He missed Seokjin- he missed him so fucking much.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, and he paused the slideshow just in time for their wedding photo to pop up.

They were wearing matching white suits, and had matching smiles on their faces, sliding the rings onto each other's fingers.

And it was a bittersweet moment for him, since he knew the risks that dating an Army officer came with.

Meaning that he was always paranoid that his husband would get killed out on the battlefield.

I mean, he was stationed in Afghanistan, which didn't help his paranoia, due to there being active terrorists in the country.

There was another knock on the front door, causing him to groan in annoyance, but he got off the bed anyway, walking through the living room, and towards the door.

It was late in the evening on a Friday, and he couldn't understand who would be at the door.

He knew that it wasn't any of his friends, since they knew that he preferred being alone, still coping with Seokjin being out of the country.

I mean, he's never liked interacting with other people, and that was mainly his husband's thing, since he was more outgoing than the younger male.

He was extroverted and outgoing, along with loud, while Namjoon was quiet, and reserved- making them polar opposites.

That was why they worked so well, however, because they balanced each other out.

They were a team.

He sighed, before opening the front door, getting ready to snap at the person who interrupted his personal time.

But instead his golden hazel eyes went wide, because standing on the front porch in front of him was his husband, Seokjin.

He was still wearing his Army uniform, and his black hair was styled in a buzz cut, holding a suitcase in his left hand.

"Miss me, Namjoon?" He just asked, keeping his tone of voice calm, before a wide smile appeared on his face.

Instead of getting a response, though, he was pulled into a passionate kiss; the two of them melting together.

It's been three whole years since they've last seen each other in person, exchanging letters, and the occasional phone calls.

So this was quite the surprise, and he was positive that his husband would be over the moon once he saw him.

What Seokjin wasn't expecting, however, was for the brunette haired male to break down into tears as soon as they pulled away, hugging onto him like a koala.

"Hey, it's okay," he just comforted, keeping his tone of voice calm, while knowing exactly what to do in order to calm the younger male down.

"It's just me, Namjoon. It's just Seokjin."

That just made the younger male cry even harder, and he continued hugging the ravenette haired male tightly, not caring that his uniform was getting wet.

He just couldn't believe it- he couldn't believe that after three years of being married and exchanging letters, he was standing in front of him unharmed.

I mean, they've been together for twelve years, sure, but he was just so over the moon that he was having trouble controlling his emotions.

Clearly.

"I love you, Jin," he muttered out, watching with red eyes as the older male shuffled them awkwardly into the house, closing the door behind them.

"I love you too, Joonie," he heard his husband respond, keeping his tone of voice calm, while leading them towards the couch.

"And I'm sure you probably have questions."

He just nodded, sitting next to the older male on the couch, while burying his face into his neck.

"I've been relieved of duty. It's only temporary- only a couple of months- but it's just nice to be home."

"What happened?" He asked, sorta hesitantly, since he could tell that the older male didn't want to talk about it.

He was surprised, however, at the fact that he got a response back, and he frowned at his husband's words, but didn't say anything.

"I got into an altercation with a senior officer; nothing important."

He just sighed, before wrapping an arm around the younger males waist, pulling them even closer together.

"What matters, Namjoon, is that we're together. And I'm not leaving you again, until I'm called back into duty a couple months from now. I'm all yours until then, baby."

They kissed for a second time that evening, before pulling away, and falling into a comfortable silence.

After three years apart, they were finally together again.

They were finally reunited.