Rough

Author's Note: I know that I said that I wouldn't update on Wednesday's for the rest of the month, but surprise! I thought that I would update, and squeeze in an extra upload. Happy four days 'til Christmas! :)

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 I wasn't able to tell you, but I liked you.

Like a dream from younger days, like a miracle.

If I could run through time, and become an adult.

I will hold your hand in this cruel world.

I try to approach you, but we keep missing each other.

I'm still unable to say I like you.

When I see you hesitate, I guess we are still too young. 🎤

The Christmas season was supposed to be about spending time with your family.

But for a young teenager named Namjoon, it wasn't.

He grew up with dysfunctional parents, meaning that he spent the Holiday season listening to his parents arguing, which was nothing new.

They were supposed to be divorced, but always saw each other during the Holiday season, due to the fact that they were trying- they were trying to be there for all three of their children.

Their oldest son was Seokjin, who was a narcissistic male with black hair and dark brown eyes.

He was a professional chef, having his own restaurant, along with his own TV show on the food network- being quite successful even though he was only twenty five years old.

Their second oldest son was Yoongi, who was an introverted and reserved male with black hair, and light brown eyes.

He was a famous music producer at one of the biggest entertainment companies throughout Seoul, South Korea- making the twenty two year old just as successful as his older brother.

Which made Namjoon their youngest son.

He was used to growing up in his older brother's shadows, used to the fact that they were loved by millions of people.

That didn't bother him- just the fact that they've never tried to be there for him.

They just left him in the hands of their divorced parents, letting him bounce around from one home to the other, since neither one of their parents seemed to want him.

Plus, the Holiday season was the only time that they got to see each other- all five of them in a house together, sitting in a tense, awkward silence.

They were used to it, at this point- used to the fact that their parents agreed, while leaving the three of them to their own devices.

Now, the three brothers weren't close to each other- at all really.

I mean, they grew up underneath the same roof, and had the same parents, but besides that they didn't have anything in common.

The oldest brother was narcissistic and full of himself, while the second oldest brother was introverted and reserved, making the younger brother a mixture of the two of them.

He could be narcissistic at times, but was also reserved, only having one close friend- a young girl by the name of Umji Young.

They were the same age- only a couple weeks apart- and have known each other since they were toddlers.

In fact, their mothers were best friends, making them best friends also- which worked out great, since they knew each other's deepest secrets.

Like the fact the older male hated the Christmas season.

Right now, both eighteen year olds were sitting on a bench in the park, watching the snowfall.

It was Christmas Eve, and the ground was covered in a layer of powdery snow, while the trees were covered in colorful fairy lights.

Which may have been heartwarming for the young girl, but disgusting for the young man.

He hated how colorful everything looked- the colorful lights shining against the night sky, attracting couples who were walking around the park that evening.

He couldn't help but frown, knowing that this Christmas would be no different than the ones that he was used to celebrating.

If only he knew that there would be something special about this one.

"I like you," his best friend blurted out, her brown eyes focused on the colorful fairy lights, while a small smile appeared on her face.

She was too busy looking at the colorful trees to notice how his face flushed red at her words, and he choked on air, caught off guard.

"What?" He asked, his tone of voice filled with confusion, believing that he heard her words wrong.

But nope. The words he heard were the correct one.

"I like you, Namjoon. I'm in love with you."

They made eye contact after that- brown ones meeting golden hazel ones- neither one of them saying anything.

One was nervous, due to the fact that she's just told her best friends how she felt about him, while the other one was overwhelmed- due to the fact that he liked her back.

"I like you too, Umji," he told her, continuing to make eye contact, while his tone of voice remained confident.

"I just never expected that you would like me back."

They kissed after that, the two of them coming together in a passionate kiss- pulling away with smiles on their faces.

Maybe Christmas wouldn't be so bad after all.