Run Away

Author's Note: This is an older one that I wrote after watching the kdrama, Mr. Sunshine. It's inspired by it, meaning that it's not exactly the same, but it's a similar idea, if you know what I'm saying

One shots (Namgi):

🎤 Be mine forever.

Call my name.

Run away, run away.

Run away with me.

At the end of the world, forever together.

Run away babe, give me an answer.

Tell me a yes, a no is a no.

Don't wanna stay, now we can go.

If you and I are together, we run across the sky.

Tell me a yes, a no is a no.

Don't wanna stay, now we can go.

Take me to the magic named us. 🎤

The moon was shining down from the sky, giving the city of Seoul a sliver glow.

Even at night, the city was busy, filled with people, mainly Americans to be honest, who were exploring the unfamiliar city that they've found themselves in.

A young man was sitting at the windowsill, his golden hazel eyes looking down at the garden below him, a frown visible on his face.

His name was Kim Namjoon.

He was born in 1888 to his parents Seokjin and Karina, and was the youngest of four children.

He had three older sisters, who grew up jealous and resentful of him.

Why? You may ask.

Because only males could inherit the family's property, meaning that he was their parents favorite growing up.

He was spoiled constantly by both his parents, who cared more about him than their daughters, who they honestly didn't want in the first place.

And they only kept them, so that they could marry them off to other powerful families once they reached the age of eighteen.

I say that, because the Kim family was one of the most powerful noble families in all of the country.

But I digress.

He continued watching the maids prepare for his wedding with disgust in his golden hazel eyes, before he sighed, leaning his head back against the window frame.

He just turned eighteen about a couple weeks ago, meaning that it was time for his parents to marry him off, before having him inherit everything.

The money, the property, etc.

But he didn't want that, honestly- he didn't want to get married, or start a family, or take over his fathers job on the council.

He just wanted to live a normal life, away from one of Korea's most powerful noble families; he didn't want to be known as the youngest Kim son.

Was that too hard to ask?

Okay, sure, he may have grown up spoiled, but he honestly didn't blame his older sisters for hating him.

In his eyes, he deserved it.

I mean, he may have been the youngest in his family, but he wasn't stupid, and knew that their parents have always favored him over them.