Magic

Author's Note: I had a horrible weekend (due to a toxic friend), so I watched one of my favorite movies, which inspired this one shot. Enjoy :)

One shots (Seokjin):

🎤 'Cause baby, you're a real one, real one.

Teaching me to feel something so strong (strong).

We could reach out and grab it.

Oh, it's just like magic.

Feeling your touch, oh, it's a rush; no one else has it.

It's just like magic (just like magic).

Oh, it's just like magic.

Holding me tight, giving me life.

Oh-oh, it's magic (magic).

Oh-oh, it's magic (oh, it's just like magic).

Oh-oh, it's magic, oh-oh, it's magic.

(Just like magic) Oh-oh, it's magic.

Magic. 🎤

Seokjin Potts worked as a barker- a person who stands in front of a theater, calling out to passersby to attract customers, and earn money.

It didn't pay much, of course, but, when you're the single father of two young children, it had to do.

Plus, this was 1910's London, England, meaning that work was limited, especially when you're a widower, trying to take care of your family.

His wife died a couple years ago, leaving him as the guardian of their two children, Namjoon and Natalie.

They were identical twins with the same chestnut brown hair and golden hazel eyes, looking like direct copies of their mother.

They didn't go to school- due to the family's financial situation- meaning that they either played at the local garage, or stayed at home with their grandfather.

He was an older male- who definitely wasn't as young as he used to be- with slight amnesia, still believing that he was serving in the Royal Navy as a commander.

And it definitely wasn't easy for the young father- taking care of his two children, and his father at the same time- especially since his job didn't pay well, but he was managing.

Barely.

He was exhausted when he got home from work that evening, placing his bicycle against the side of the house, which was located on the top of a hill.

They didn't have a motor car- due to the fact that he couldn't afford one- meaning that he took his bicycle everywhere, since that was cheaper.

Right now, he was still dressed in his work clothes, consisting of a white and red striped vest, along with some black trousers, and a straw hat with white and red stripes around it.

There was also a cloth pouch in his trouser pockets that was filled with some money- not a lot, though, just some pounds and shillings.

It was enough to get the small family of four by, though.

He sighed, before walking into the house, not even bothering to turn the electric lights on.

I mean, he was expecting both his father and children to be asleep, due to how late in the evening it was- sometime after midnight, way past his children's bedtime.

Which was one reason why he was surprised to find the lights on in the kitchen, both his children sitting at the small wooden table, falling asleep.

He just smiled at the sight, however, before kissing the top of their heads, and pulling the pouch of money out of his trouser pockets.