It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Author's Note: Merry Christmas! I hope that you guys had a wonderful holiday season, spending lots of time with family. I'll see you guys on Wednesday, and I hope you guys have a good new year :)

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 It's the hap-happiest season of them all.

With those Holiday greetings and gay happy meetings.

When friends come to call.

It's the hap-happiest season of all.

There'll be parties for hosting.

Marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the snow.

There'll be scary ghost stories.

And tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

There'll be much mistletoeing.

And hearts will be glowing when loved ones are near.

It's the most wonderful time of the year... 🎤

Namjoon's always loved the Christmas season.

The snow on the ground, along with the decorations that were in front of houses that gave the neighborhood a colorful glow at night.

He also loved having movie marathons with his parents, watching cheesy hallmark Christmas movies that played every year.

He loved how his father set up an artificial tree- because his son was allergic to pine cones- letting him decorate it with him.

He also enjoyed his family's tradition of doing secret Santa every year, exchanging gifts on Christmas Day when they saw each other.

But, unfortunately, he knew that this year would be different, due to the fact that his mother wouldn't be celebrating with them.

She was in the military- stationed in the Middle East somewhere- meaning that she would be celebrating the Holidays alone without them.

It just wouldn't be the same- and the family of two knew that.

"Dad?" The eleven year old asked for the fifth time that evening, his golden hazel eyes watching as his father, Seokjin, adjusted the presents underneath the tree.

"Are you positive that mom's not coming?"

His father just continued what he was doing, making sure that all the gifts were placed neatly underneath the tree in a certain order.

He did this every year after all, due to both his OCD, and the fact that he was a neat freak.

"Namjoon," he just told his son, who was sitting on the couch lazily, his eyes focused on him, instead of on the Christmas movie that was playing on the TV in front of him.

"Your mother isn't coming."

He watched as the preteen nodded sadly, before he focused back on the screen in front of him, golden hazel eyes filled with sadness.

And Seokjin understood that- he understood where his son was coming from, because he was disappointed also.

He was disappointed that his wife, Stacy,

wasn't going to join them for the Holiday season, even though she knew how much the season meant to their son.

If only the family knew that they would get the best surprise of their lives.

This was going to get interesting.

—————

The next morning was Christmas Eve.

The father-son duo were baking cookies in the kitchen- gingerbread cookies to be exact- surrounded by tubes of colorful icing and cookie cutters.

It was a tradition in their family to bake cookies on every Christmas Eve, so that they would be ready in time for the party that Seokjin's parents threw every year.

And they were baking silently, enjoying the fact that they were together for the Holiday season, trying to avoid the elephant in the room.

Stacy.

They didn't want to admit to themselves that it would just be the two of them for the Holidays- not when they were used to celebrating as a family.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the front door, causing the father-son duo to look at each other.

"I'll get it, Namjoon," his father said, glancing at his son, who was holding a tube of bright green icing on his hand.

He just nodded, watching as his father walked out of the kitchen, towards the front door, before continuing to frost the cookie that was in front of him.

He took his time, making sure to stay in-between the lines that his father drew on the cookie.

His father was a licensed pastry chef, in case you were wondering, meaning that he knew exactly what he was doing.

He stopped what he was doing, however, when he heard loud crying come from the front door- crying that he recognized as his father.

He placed the tub of icing onto the kitchen counter, before walking towards the front door, not knowing what to expect.

His golden hazel eyes went wide, though, when he recognized the young woman, who was wearing a dark green army uniform.

"Mom!" He exclaimed, running towards the young couple, who were embracing in the doorway.

They pulled away with smiles on their faces, once their son wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

"Namjoon," she said with a smile on her face, placing her palm onto his cheek, and examining him.

"You're a lot taller than the last time I saw you."

"Don't overcrowd your mother," his father added, keeping a smile on his face, since he couldn't believe that this was happening.

"She still needs to unpack her things, okay?"

He just nodded, before walking back into the kitchen, turning around just in time for his parents to kiss passionately.

And, the entire time, nobody in the family could keep the smile off their face.

–––––––––

The Holiday season was wonderful after that.

They continued baking cookies, before settling into the couch for a movie marathon, opening one gift before bed.

Then, the next morning, they celebrated Christmas day, opening up the remaining presents, while spending time as a family.

They then got ready for the Kim family's annual Christmas party- you know, the one that they threw every year- celebrating the Holidays with the extended family, while participating in secret Santa.

They went home after that, before relaxing after a long eventful day, continuing to spend time as a family, enjoying what was left of the Holidays.

And the family of three couldn't have been happier.