Tomorrow

Author's Note: It's six in the morning, and I can't sleep. I wrote this one shot after watching the movie Annie (the 2014 version) with my mom, and, I know that I say this a lot, but this is one of my favorite one shots that I've ever written. I hope that you enjoy this one as much as I do :)

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 The sun'll come out tomorrow.

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun.

Just thinking about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely.

I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say.

Oh.

The sun'll come out tomorrow.

So ya gotta hang on 'til tomorrow.

Come what may.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I love ya tomorrow.

You're always a day away. 🎤

Namjoon Bennett was an orphan.

He grew up in the foster care system, after being abandoned on the side of the road in the city of Harlem, Manhattan, New York.

He was left with half of a silver locket, along with a note that was written on the back of a receipt from a local diner.

It was all that he had left of his parents, and the words faded over the years, but he never gave up hope that they would come back for him.

In fact, he would sit outside the diner every Friday, drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, while watching the people who came and went.

He didn't know what they looked like, sure- all he knew though, was that they ordered two cannolis the day they abandoned him, writing that they would return someday on the back of the receipt.

Meaning that he spent his Friday afternoons sitting outside the diner, waiting hopelessly for his parents to walk into the door.

Unfortunately that never happened, meaning that he returned to the foster home defeated, and broken hearted.

And he hated it there.

It was run by a man named Seokjin Hannigan, who was a retired actor, along with a struggling alcoholic.

He was only in his early thirties, but he was a cruel man, and control freak, who barked orders at the orphans in his care, giving them chores on a daily basis.

There were five boys in his care in total, but he hated all of them- especially Namjoon, who was outspoken, always standing up for himself.

He was always getting punished for talking back, but it never phased him, due to the fact that he wasn't afraid of his legal guardian.

The other boys were, sure, but he wasn't, and always expressed those feelings, standing up for himself, and the other boys who lived with him.

They were his foster brothers, and he would do anything for them.

He sighed, keeping his golden hazel eyes focused on the diner that was across the street, paying no attention to the chalk that was in his hand.

It was a Friday night, meaning that he came straight from school, beginning his routine of sitting outside the diner, waiting for his parents.