Promise

Author's Note: I love Christmas, can you tell? Lol :)

One shots (Namjoon):

The Kim family was a Korean immigrant family.

The parents, Seokjin and Mimi, immigrated from Seoul, South Korea to San Francisco, California to start a better life.

They wanted better opportunities- ones that they couldn't get back in their hometown of Seoul.

Their parents were against this, of course, but that didn't stop the young couple from moving, settling down in the city of San Francisco, which had a large Asian community.

Meaning that they felt welcomed, and they quickly formed good relationships with their neighbors, who they became really close with.

They also had their son, Namjoon, only a couple months after moving, which caught them by surprise.

They were young- only twenty five- meaning that they weren't ready to be parents.

They decided to keep him though, becoming parents to a sweet child with chestnut brown hair, and golden hazel eyes, along with dimples in his cheeks.

And he was an absolute sweetheart, who was close with his parents, who adored him, always showering him with love and affection.

Unfortunately though, he slowly grew oblivious to the fact that his parents relationship quickly grew strained.

They started arguing often, releasing their stress onto each other, making their relationship become abusive and toxic quickly.

When their son was seven, they decided to divorce, after years of a marriage that was both abusive and toxic.

Plus, there was a young toddler in the household, meaning that it was better I'd they divorced, so that he would stay out of the cross fire.

Now the young woman was given full custody of their son, moving out into the countryside, living on a farm that she bought for a good price.

She raised him alone as a single mother, teaching him how to be polite, wanting him to have a stable upbringing.

Her ex-husband, on the other hand, stayed behind in the city, and quickly became an alcoholic, drowning his sorrows in whiskey, while smoking occasionally.

He did promise their son, however, that he would visit him every Holiday, knowing that Christmas was his favorite holiday, wanting to make the moment special for him.

And he kept his promise, continuing to visit every Christmas, always looking forward to the smile that lit up his son's face.

He was always happy to see his father, even though he felt abandoned at times- he knew that his father was trying his best though.

He just wished that his father tried harder, but he never did- in fact, he only saw him during the Holidays.

They had no communication besides those four days, and that made him sad, especially since he always looked up to his father.

He was always trying his best to make his father proud of him- getting good grades in school, etc.

But nothing seemed to work, causing him to continue trying, every time his father visited for the Holidays.

If only he knew however, that his relationship with his father would change for the better one day, changing their family dynamic forever.

Which brings us to the start of today's story.