Part 29

Rohit and Virat went inside after sometime. Rohit informed at home that they will get late and may b coming next morning.

Virat and Rohit sat on the couch while Jassi and Mahi sat by the side of Rahul.

Virat was still resting his head on Rohit's shoulder remembering each and everything Jassi said.

"Kya baat hai ?" Asked Rohit softly seeing him disturbed.

"I hate hospitals Ro" said Virat holding onto him.

Mahi and Jassi heard that. Mahi knew the reason behind it.

"I know, it's just matter of sometime" said Rohit comforting him as Virat was trying so hard.

Mahi was too lost in his own world. Virat's each word was repeating in his head. His head was pounding with pain by thinking everything, every mistake he did.

Jassi observed that he was pressing his forehead again and again.

"Bhai u okay ?" Asked Jassi gaining Virat's and Rohit's attention.

Virat looked at him and saw how tired he looked. He felt a bit guilty seeing that because whatever he said to Mahi was affecting him.

"Yes I m fine Jassi" said Mahi.

"I will get something to eat." Said Virat.

"Umm Jasprit can u come with me ?" Asked Virat wanting to talk to him.

Mahi along with Jassi got surprised at that. Rohit smiled knowing Virat.

"Ya sure bhai" said Jassi and went with him. Jassi was happy that Virat was talking atleast a bit. Though it made him sad hearing his name but he saw the bright side to it.

"There is hope" said Mahi seeing Virat leave with Jassi.

"Yes there is but u have got to try harder" said Rohit softly.

Outside the room -

Virat and Jassi went in the cafe. They sat there till the parcel arrived.

"How u got the wounds ?" Asked Jassi still worried about that.

"Glass pieces" said Virat not revealing the entire thing.

Jassi was going to ask something when the parcel arrived. They were going towards room when Virat said he will be back in a sec.

Jassi went in the room. Jassi and Mahi the coffee and sandwich.

Virat came in the room and handed one more packet to Mahi. Mahi looked at him questioningly.

"It's for ur headache" said Virat and sat beside Rohit.

Mahi smiled at his gesture. Even Jassi was shocked because he didn't notice and remember about it.

Rohit went to talk to the doctor.

Virat just rested himself and was thinking how he will do all this. He never wanted any of this to happen.

"We can take him to hotel." Said Rohit.

They took him to the hotel in the morning. He was on and off conscious. Everyone was waiting for them to tell what is going on.

Jassi along with Rohit helped Rahul and he slept after sometime. Mahi and Rohit sat with him for sometime.

Virat went with Jassi in team room not wanting him to be alone now.

"How is he ? What did the doctor say?" Asked Hardik worriedly.

"He is okay, fever is reduced" said Jassi.

"What are u doing here Virat ?" Asked Hardik noticing them.

"What do u mean Harry?" Said Jassi not understanding why he was saying like this.

"Why is he here now ? Where he was when we needed him"
Hardik said being hurt and emotional.

"Harry control urself" said Bhuvi now.

"Huh what control ? I am saying the truth"

"He is here now back in our lives suddenly. We were adjusting right."
Hardik said.

Virat didn't say anything because he wanted to know what all Hardik wanted to say. As Jassi said Hardik has changed so he wanted to see to what extent he had changed.

Jassi was worried seeing Virat silent.

Rohit and Mahi arrived and got confused seeing the tense atmosphere. They stood at the door near Virat and Jassi.

"Just because Rah is sick he is here. He was not gonna come otherwise"
Hardik said.

"Shut up Harry !" Yelled Jassi.

Virat held Jassi's hand and told him not to yell.

"What shut up, I am saying the truth. We were here searching madly for them. I know we made a mistake and I have that realization that we don't deserve their forgiveness"

"But what about how Virat used to say we are brothers. So if we were brothers wasn't it their job to guide us back, to scold us as we made mistakes"

"But no they chose to leave us alone in guilt and misery. So I should tell you .. u were successful in that. We are so drowned in guilt that we cannot get back up"

Hardik said with angry tears in his eyes.

Jassi was going to say something but Virat told him not to.

"Why are they here now ? Where were they when we have spent our nights crying .. crying in our guilt, crying that my best friend doesn't talk to me anymore, crying that No one is here to wipe our tears telling us that it will be okay"

"As brothers u should have confronted us but I get it we were not brothers."
Hardik said and sink into his knees crying for all the things.

Hardik was not able to handle his emotions. Seeing Virat after so many days in team room he was not able to control. Then seeing Rahul like that was the breaking point.

Bhuvi sat beside him and took him into a hug. No one said anything.

Rohit felt really bad hearing all that. He looked at Virat who didn't had any emotion on his face.

"Bhai" whispered Jassi seeing him silent.

"U okay Jassi ?" Asked Virat instead. Virat saw how much it was affecting Jassi as Hardik said everything.

"Yes" Jassi said smiling at him because he was so happy to hear his nickname.

Rohit went towards Hardik not able to see him like that. Bhuvi got up and gave Rohit space.

"U were not there with me Cap Ro, u left us" said Hardik sobbing and clinging to Rohit immediately as he saw him taking Bhuvi's place.

Rohit felt a little bit nice to hear his nickname from Hardik. He understood his reaction but he was worried about Virat now.

Everyone got emotional hearing that from Hardik. Jassi leaned closer to Virat as Virat took him to couch and sat with him.

Mahi was just watching how slowly things were starting to change.

_________________
First I don't how this turned out so please give me honest feedback ! 🥺

I wanted to put out the other side of emotions. I have deleted it and written again but still not sure ! 🙈

Do u think Hardik's reaction was justified? 🤔

Also tell me about how u like small gestures from Virat and Rohit trying from their side. 🤔

Vote and comment on this plz because it's really imp for me to know ! 🥺

Next part after 20-30 comments ! 😌

Till then,
Happy Reading !👍