Part 23

"I am so tired Ro" mumbled Virat exhausted.

"I am here Vi .. I am here. You don't have to do everything by yourself. Please let me share ur burden Vi" said Rohit side hugging him.

Virat just closed his eyes and slept off on Rohit's shoulder.

Aman came there and saw them like that. He just stood by the door. Rohit saw him. He made Virat lay down properly on the couch.

"Is he okay Rohit sir ?" Aman asked worriedly as Rohit came out.

"I don't know Aman .." said Rohit honestly.

"He is looking disturbed from yesterday ... he was asking me why did I choose to work with him" said Aman.

"When did he ask this Aman ?" Asked Rohit.

"Yesterday night when we were working .. when we were driving back home at that time also he was very lost Rohit sir" said Aman what he observed.

"Hmm .. Okay. Aman why did u choose to work with us ? Means u could have any other job easily right ?" Asked Rohit.

"Rohit sir it's not hidden from you .. how much I admire you both and specially Virat sir. I am a big fan of him. When u both took decision to ummmm .. retire it just broke my heart .. then after 3 months I received call from Virat sir .. how could I deny the job offer .. if it meant to work with u both" said Aman sincerely.

"But just one thing made me sad and still makes me sad" said Aman.

"What is that ?" Asked Rohit confused because he never saw Aman upset .. he always saw him confident.

"I never got to know the real Virat sir .. I know this is not him. I used to follow everything like the off field and on the field too he seemed really happy .. but now I just know him as my boss with a mask of professionalism."
He said sadly.

"U will get to know him soon Aman .. I will make sure of that. I promise" said Rohit sincerely.

"I will come back in an hour. Can u stay with him ?" He asked Aman.

"Yes sir" said Aman.

In the ICT hotel -

Mahi came back and saw everyone in the team room except KL. They were waiting for him obviously.

"Bhai kya bola Ro ne ?" Jinks asked in curiosity.

"Will they talk to us?" Asked Jassi like a child.

"I still don't know Jassi. He told he can't promise anything." Said Mahi sadly.

Jinks told the kids to go to their rooms. The seniors sat with Mahi. He looked really upset.

"Kya baat hai Bhai ?" Asked Bhuvi seeing him lost.

"We broke them badly Bhuvi .. They have been through so much physically, emotionally and mentally.. Rohit had an accident after we didn't believe him and Virat .." said Mahi sadly.

Everyone got shocked to hear that.

"Virat had to do everything alone .. imagine Cheeku who would need me for small things .. did everything and managed everything alone that he lost himself in that" said Mahi with teary eyes.

All got tears listening to that. They just decided to ask their forgiveness somehow.
And Mahi was determined to bring his kids back to their old selves.

Mahi decided to check on KL because he seemed too lonely .. he would not talk much .. he was second version of his Cheeku .. didn't share his feelings easily.

He still remembered he had the worst breakdown after they got to know that Virat and Rohit were innocent.

-------------------

Flashback -

Everyone was in the team room sitting silently. Mahi was still thinking that why his kids did something like this.

Dada with Jammy bhai came and saw all of them lost. He turned on the news.

"Indian Captain Rohit Sharma and Former Captain Virat Kohli are innocent. The accusations against them were completely fake"

Everyone stood rooted at their place in shock.

"How did this happen?" jinks got out from shock and asked no one in particular.

"They were framed by some crazy person .. Virat submitted these proofs they before yesterday."
Dada said seeing them shocked.

"And their signatures" asked Mahi because that was the only thing which made him not trust them.

"That was taken while some endorsement signing" said Jammy bhai.

The juniors had started shedding tears because they didn't trust their Virat bhai and Rohit bhai.

Seniors were in shock because they had not trust their friends.

Mahi was just thinking how could he not believe his kids.

"Where are they Dada ?" Asked Mahi with tears in his eyes.

"I don't know Mahi .. he just left." Said Dada.

"Oh my god what did I do ?" Suddenly they heard a voice saying this. It was Rahul.

"I didn't trust Virat bhai and BRo .. what did I do ? How could I do this !" he dropped on his knees crying hysterically hiding his face in his hands.

Mahi went to him because obviously now he couldn't loose on more kid of his. And moreover he was Virat's kiddo.

"I ... didn't ... trust ..,. My .... Virat bhai" said Rahul crying and taking deep breaths.

"Calm down Rah .. we will apologise to them." Said Mahi knowing it wouldn't be easy.

"Ummm I don't think that would be possible now" said Jammy bhai sadly.

"What do u mean Bhai ?" Asked Jinks.

"My friend called whom I told to find where they were.. he told they are not at their homes. From one week Rohit has not went home and from past 3 days there is no one at Virat's residence too" he said sadly.

"We ... lost ... them" said KL and he fainted.

It took weeks for everyone to recover from their guilty but it was still there. They never knew where Virat and Rohit went.

-------------------

Mahi went to Rahul's room and saw physio leaving the room which confused him.

"Patrick what are u doing here?" Asked Mahi.

"Rahul has fever .. so I was checking on him." Said Physio.

"From when he has fever" Mahi asked not knowing anything.

"It has been on and off like from past week and this one too" said Physio and left from there giving instructions to take care of him.

Mahi entered his room and found him curled on his bed under the sheets. Mahi didn't know How he will handle all this.

——————————————-
Thank you so much for all the votes and comments !!

Here is the next one and last for the day !

Next update after 30 comments !

Till then,Happy Reading.