Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

Start from the beginning

"Say." The DFA Individual said, looking back at the picture of the locket. "That locket collectible she had."

"Yeah, It's in the next room, storage unit, along with the others. What of it?"

—~~———~~—

Colette soon heard the door open, and she sustained her current state, virtually neutral.

'*inhale* *exhale* Alright, Dear Adele, this may be easy or painful, But just know for the sake of all of you, I'm not giving answers. So, What's next huh?' She thought as she continued fixating her gaze.

The new interrogator set down a tape recorder, the folder, and a small pack, with the click of the recorder's button, the new Interrogator Spoke.

"And now your 3rd Chance begins." He nonchalantly says. "My name is Sebastian Curtis, What's yours?" He asked leaning forwards a bit, despite his and the others' awareness, and the fact that the previous interrogators chose not to use her name for the sake of a possible outburst, he decided to calmly ask for her name.

'Tch...' Colette internally uttered, while she remained indifferent externally. Met with the same silence as always, Sebastian leaned back.

"Well, I don't think that's necessary anymore, we already know you after all." He said. He was unfazed by her capabilities prior, and he spoke with a hint of confidence.

"Isn't that right, Colette?" He finished, she kept silent.

Colette slowly looked towards Sebastian with discontent hiding behind her neutral expression, as he looked down at the files, preparing to read their contents.

"Urestanese Elite, 2nd ranked one of the few close aides to the princess herself. Quite a decorated biography you have. You have quite the reputation, with regards to Military related endeavours, often nicknamed 'the devil' for this behaviour, Mr. Coen himself commented that he would've wished to see you weak and begging." Sebastian said.

"Well, I'm impressed the moron managed to last this long." Colette finally spoke, mocking what she believed was Coen's inability to resist.

The behaviour of Sebastian was pretty much what she was anticipating, she immediately surmised he may be more clever than what meets the eye, and decided to think her response, and prevent her being read through by Sebastian, specifically through misleading him a bit.

"*chuckle* I on the other hand was expecting more, quite a disappointment there." He replied, sharing a brief agreement.

"Well, now since you've finally responded, It'd be imperative for your honour as a respectable elite to cooperate and kindly answer these quick questions; what are: the capabilities of you Elites, the strategic positions by the Urestanese border, and whereabouts of overseas bases surrounding the peninsula?"

"Bite me." She hisses.

"I would, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to at the moment." He responds. Colette grinned and scoffed.

"You're different. But unfortunately, you won't get anything out of me. All you're doing is suspending yourselves as Urestan begins to tear through your forces." She responded.

"How ignorant are you to ignore what's been displayed before you, yesterday?" He asked, before continuing. "Urestan has been split in two, Your homeland is now cornered west to the side of the peninsula, and your occupied regions in Sancerya to the Far East, with us, standing in-between. Your army was decimated in minutes, while casualties for us were mostly wounded men. Furthermore, I must state that every attempt to breach our lines aren't working so well, for both the occupied regions and your reinforcements from your mainland. Listen to me when I say this... Urestan and Aurelia's disparity is far too much, too ridiculous in hindsight. We can penetrate the thickest of Sandworm skin, We harnessed the power of the atom, we bent the will of two powerful nations, we have broken the empire's otherworlders. Urestan has a Military, Industrial, and Tactical Disadvantage. You May Think I'm bluffing, but that's only because you choose not to understand. Tell me, Madam Colette, what do you think of this truth? Defeat is inevitable." Sebastian said, Colette, fixed her gaze and maintained herself, despite her mind going a bit blank for a split-second.