Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Saturation

———Less than two weeks after the successful diplomatic negotiations———

The United Kingdom was being sold and supplied with new weaponry, Weapons such as the 1853 Enfield Pattern Rifle (a Muzzle-loading rifled musket) as their 'main battle rifle' with a faster reloading speed by comparison while having the Lee-enfield Bolt-action Rifle used by vanguard & rearguard soldiers. Knights are still used, as part of the vanguard, royal guard, and Knight Orders, But are no longer one of the forces in the main army, none of them were complaining as they put their country first before honour.

Training with Trench warfare, Guerrilla Warfare, and Hand-to-Hand Combat have Been improved. The main soldiers wear an attire reminiscent to that of the British Empire in the First World War, While still having a few Iron reinforcements for needed protection, specifically around the forearms and lower legs, I have also been supplying the vanguard with Bullet proof vests, effective against muskets.

And lastly they are supplied with Mark IV & Renault FT tanks, the only tanks they have. While smaller by comparison to the steam-powered tanks of the empire, they were faster, have superior guns, and an increase in speed by 5-7 kph. The Mark IV tanks were cover-named as 'Theriault Tanks' (Theriault-1 as the Mark IV, and Theriault-2 as the FT's), in homage to the tank's origin/referred name 'Landship'

(Note: Theriault is a last name that means 'Earth' & 'Water'.)

As of why I decided to choose these tanks was because there is still a large technological disparity. Less advanced guns, and less effective armour by comparison to ours, however the Theriaults can easily hold up against the steam tanks.

The United Kingdom in this timespan managed to face off the empire in two battles with their new equipment, and succeeded, some imperial soldiers were in anxiety and frustration at the Debut of the UKP's new tanks that can finally rival theirs, and they were slowly being pushed back.

———————

"I Left you independently in-charge of this Operation whilst I was busy with experimental purposes, may I ask for some details?" I asked, Kara whilst we head through the corridor, she remained walking and looking forward, as she spoke.

"We only have an exceptionally small number fo B-52 Stratofortresses in our disposal, many are still under construction, But these numbers will be enough for now, however the F-4 phantoms are still undergoing construction, thus w may have to resort to using our Me-262s, they are inefficient by comparison, but they will have to do. They will be conducting Saturation Bombing on several points of importance within the empire's corridor to weaken their industry and defences by that area. After which the Ground Defence Force will steam-roll through with less difficulty than anticipated."

"Right, and I must note Leo, has given me the basics, the fortresses also serve as a punishment centre for those against the empire and those the Marie do not like, the punishment always being execution. All civilians have perished. Their crimes against humanity are to be retaliated upon with severity."

"Affirmative, Director."

—~~—Reichia, The Capital Of the empire, Five Hours Later—~~—

"So I assume everything has gone well?"

"Yes Your Majesty, Currently we have managed to stabilise our populace, and our armies are already beginning their offensives against the United Kingdom of Pluvimia, however there have already been reports stating they have their own tanks, forcing the armies back."

"Bah! What ludicrous excuses, there is no way for the United Kingdom to develop such technology, even if they did they did, they would be helpless against our own. The generals are just becoming incompetent, believing I could be fooled. I want them to learn a lesson that I'm not a weakling like my father or sister. I'm the new emperor who shall lead this country to glory!" He said with pride.