Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - The First Strike

"Are you sure they will uphold this alliance?" The king asked, Lynette as they were in the Strategic chamber, He put down the parchment of the alliance with all details and conditions, along with the signatures.

"I'am most sure of it, Father."

"But why would you let them access into our territory!?" The northern noble yelled in objection, he like most of the others, were nationalists, and he disliked a foreign country simply entering into their territory for resource purposes, the king did question this earlier but, he knew this was most favourable, because there will be no financial compensation.

"Did you just yell at the princess..." Elizabet asked, in a cold tone, as she raised her sword towards the Noble.

"Don't think you scare me with that! Know your place, woman!" The northerner retorted

"I did it, because it was the only way to have this alliance, and this is the most favourable outcome."

"Most favourable...? Most favourable!? Letting these unknown people into our territory to harvest iron is a complete embarrassment to us as a superpower."

"Do you have any other ideas? And think about this for second, let's say we betrayed them with this treaty, they will eliminate our armies faster than the empire. All of us have seen their power, including my brother who is the crown prince, do you suggest we are inadequate?" Lynette responded

The noble gritted his teeth, before the prince spoke.

"It is all true, these... 'Rifles' they have far exceed the capabilities of the Empire's muskets, there is no doubt."

"Are you saying, that we should accept this because of their 'so-called power'? This is more embarrassing than getting invaded by the empire-!" His sentence was stopped, as the prince slams the table

"Are you saying you are willing to let the empire invade us?" He asked

"What...? No! I-"

"Get him out of here." The prince said in a cold tone, before the Northern noble was dragged out of the chamber.

"You don't understand! These people are barbaric blasphemers! They will destroy the country-!"

"*relieved sigh* I'm glad he is gone, he always gets on my nerves. While his views are quite favourable, It prevents him from seeing the good in other options." Lynette said

"Just leave him, We need to let the directorate strike alongside us, they are the key to repel the empire."

"They have told me they will strike the 3rd naval blockade, the one just south from the capital."

"Father, May I ask to-" before Lynette could finish asking to witness the battle, she was cut off by the king

"I'm going too." He said, which made all eyes dart towards him.

"I want to see what this Directorate can do too. Prepare the Rocs!"

(Note: A roc is a bid from Russian folklore, essentially a massive mountable bird, smaller by comparison but more agile than a Wyvern.)

———Primary Base, Coastal-Oriented Runway———

"Eff-Four-You Corsairs?" Akane said, observing the large number of F4U Corsair Fighter-bombers Line up and stationed.

"Yes, We already have them in large numbers, while the Me-262 are still undergoing production, and I have also taken into account that these Fighter-bombers were designed for naval use, and they have a long range, so I decided to use these."