Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Two Assasins (2/2)

By a transpiration of events, I and Two individuals who claimed themselves to be Assassins have warped into an unknown Forest, due to a fight caused by desperation and jealousy.

After having them reconcile, something I never thought I would do for mercenaries, we were now back at square one as what Senka referred to as Dire wolves were approaching us from the foliage, the amount of pine trees scattered around us made it difficult for us to run away in a straight line, while those two Assassins may have an edge due to being likely trained in wilderness survival & concealment, As for Me; other than hunting, forestry, and camping knowledge, I have little experience in terms of wilderness survival.

'Screw my Previous livelihood.'

"We need to get out of here." The girl said as she assisted Senka up.

"The trees of our surroundings are erratic it will be difficult to navigate which will only distribute more time to the wolves to catch us, well at-least for me, You Two are Assassins right?, you must have experience in natural environments." I replied and asked for confirmation

"You do realize Assassins and Hunters often operate  in city or town environments, not nature, right?" Senka simply responded

I nearly face-palmed, but considering the fact that I have little detailed information with occupation limitations, I didn't try it.

Four more figures emerge behind the first dire wolf, These Things were enormous, just their quadrupedal height nearly the same height as an average human being (5'8 feet), While they are animals, I don't think I should underestimate their durability, I attempted to relay the three of us out of here proximally, but I found that I'am unable to.

'Don't tell me my Relay was disrupted or wasted? What the hell did they do...?'

The two of them raised both of their melee weapons a sword and a kurkha-like weapon.

While I held my hand behind my back ready to manifest my Colt M1911 Pistol at the moment they charge at us.

"Why aren't you two running...?" I faintly But comprehensibly said as I notice them on either side of my peripheral vision as I slowly backed away trying desperately to not aggravate the wolves.

"Because our pride forces us to not back down from a fight." The girl said

"You both backed down when you were fighting earlier...!" I said through partially clenched teeth.

"...Look just stay back if you can't fight, these beasts are far more vicious than normal wolves, but are also not stupid." Senka said

What I presumed to be the alpha of the small pack, eventually howled before beginning to charge at us, I quickly drew my Pistol.

"Alright you-" Lynette attempted to speak but she was cut off by three consecutive bursts of sound emanating from the muzzle of my gun.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

Three consecutive shots, pierced the skull of the dire wolf, knocking it back slightly before its body fell to the ground profusely spilling blood, the shots of the pistol rang out, the decibels were loud and close that both Senka and the girl covered their ears.

"W-Wha? H-How did you..." The girl looked at me, while Senka stared at my pistol with wide eyes that evoked confusion, they were too focused scrutinizing my weapon, that the wolves took the opportunity to charge at us in retaliation.

I yelled out to them snapping them back into their senses as I continued to fire.

Two wolves struck with four shots respectively, however one didn't die immediately, I had used up my 7-round magazine, The girl managed to dodge one of the wolves and pierced her sword into their neck, however Senka was more unlucky as one of the wolves managed to sink their teeth into her leg, causing her to fall back-first and dragged her body before slamming her upper torso into the stem of a tree twice.